🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: multiple projects simultaneously
Page options
a9f1b393
Community Member

multiple projects simultaneously

I've hired someone for an on-going project.  I'd like to start a separate project with the same freelancer in order to keep time/$/work separate in billing documentation.  How do I do this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Diana:

Just create a new job posting. You can create it as a private posting so that other freelancers don't apply to it. Invite this freelancer to apply, and hire the freelancer.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
prestonhunter
Community Member

Diana:

Just create a new job posting. You can create it as a private posting so that other freelancers don't apply to it. Invite this freelancer to apply, and hire the freelancer.

lysis10
Community Member

Don't be surprised if the freelancer refuses because having more than one contract open with the same client is risky to their JSS.

a9f1b393
Community Member

what is JSS?

lysis10
Community Member

diana d wrote:

what is JSS?

^^^^^^^^^^^^  Take note, freelancers. We obsess over things clients have no clue are important.

Diana, it's our job success score. Lots of things depend on it, so by giving you two simultaneous contracts, the freelancer risks getting poor feedback on two contracts at once which can be devestating for some JSS calculations.

I should know. I got hit on THREE in a row after allowing a client to do this. Didn't go below 90% but the universe really hated me that day.

a9f1b393
Community Member

Thank you, Jennifer!  I'll let vendor know.  I told her I wanted to keep projects separate so she suggested I post again.  Perhaps she doesn't realize.  

elza3ym
Community Member

Hello Jennifer, 
Can you please explain this a little bit more , My account got damaged in a while dropped down 90% lost top rated etc , because one contract of client which wasn't going well .
but I thought even if it's one contract It shouldn't do all that damage , so maybe the other multiple client contract was the reason 
P.S : Sorry for inturepting the topic

lysis10
Community Member

Mohamed S wrote:

Hello Jennifer, 
Can you please explain this a little bit more , My account got damaged in a while dropped down 90% lost top rated etc , because one contract of client which wasn't going well .
but I thought even if it's one contract It shouldn't do all that damage , so maybe the other multiple client contract was the reason 
P.S : Sorry for inturepting the topic

If you have multiple contracts open with the same client, you can rest assured that if just one goes bad, you're getting a bad review on all of them even if the client was happy with the other one or two. That's what happened to me but it's hard for me to go below 90.

If I were you, I would use the perk to remove one of them if it's not too late. I think you have 2 weeks after you lose TR.

elza3ym
Community Member

I already did that, my account got 83% although it was one contract so I thought I should get at most 95%+ but after that my account got 81% and I finished some contracts got up to 83% and was working on 5$ jobs and small projects ( Hard Times you know ) and now getting low-med projects ( 100 - 1K ) $ 

I just didn't know what happened , and still don't know , after contacting support all i got was how the jss is calculated ,That's it 

I thought we share a cause here , but none of my clients was unsatified except one contract , lead to client appeal and upwork got involved and they took my side but he game me 1 star 

Thanks so much for being helpfull and for sharing ❤️ 

lysis10
Community Member

Well, if you had multiple contracts with one client who flipped out over one contract, you know you got hit on both of them. All you can do is just do your best with future contracts and ignore the JSS. The bad one will drop out in 6 months. 

My personal opinion is just quit looking at your JSS and the stress goes away.

This is interesting and timely as I just asked a client to do this...open two contracts. It's because I need them to escrow money for me to pay for something and they want me to work hourly.  I don't know of another way to handle this situation. Usually I wrap the entire amount I'm working + other fees into a milestone, but this is an ongoing project that will work better hourly.  I wish there was a contract type that merged these types of payments.

Maybe I'll have to rethink.

Hello Michelle

Your client can send this as a bounce , it'll be procceed immediatly even if the contract is open 

Hi - Yes. I have used the bonus previously for this. I think there is also an expense function, but bonus must be easier to find because my clients always seem to use that. For this particular project, it’s just a lot more money than usual and I thought using the escrow feature might be better. I guess that way the bonus does get paid immediately, so I don’t have to depend on the client to approve. Again, this is just so much more money than I’m used to having to front that I’m having trouble figuring out the best way to handle it.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths