🐈
» Forums » Clients » my account is MIA
Page options
tonester
Community Member

my account is MIA

Hello,

So I needed to hire a freelancer.  I had an old account here so I logged in, created a job, got proposals, hired someone, funded the job, but it didn't work out.  Now I want to get a refund of my deposit.  So I logged back in, but I thought I had used my new email address, but I had to create a password.  When I logged in my job isn't there.  It's like it's a new account.

So... I log back out, then log back in with my old email address and still, my job is not listed there, so there is no way to mark it as complete, mark it as cancelled, get a refund out of escrow, etc.

Here's my email address to contact me to get this resolved:

**Edited for community guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthony,

I checked this for you and there was no contract, but only the offer was sent to a freelancer.  Sending an offer on a fixed-price job requires you to deposit funds for either the whole contract or a lesser amount to cover the first milestone. This offer was canceled and it automatically initiated the refund of deposited funds. 

Also, I checked the refund status for you and can confirm that your refund was successful on our end. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

I hope this helped. Please feel free to reach back if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths