Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice - writing a book

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 25

Renata S wrote:

(Edited to add: and I've just noticed your freelancer profile has been zapped, so I guess you gathered enough information for that article you're doing).

No. That is what EVERY client profile looks like. A zapped freelancer profile looks quite different.

This is a client account. EVERY client, when clicked through from the forum, looks like this

This is a client profileThis is a client profile

This is a zapped / closed / deleted / or suspended freelancer account:

closed account or suspended profileclosed account or suspended profile

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
22 of 25

Petra R wrote:

Renata S wrote:

(Edited to add: and I've just noticed your freelancer profile has been zapped, so I guess you gathered enough information for that article you're doing).

No. That is what EVERY client profile looks like. A zapped freelancer profile looks quite different.

This is a client account. EVERY client, when clicked through from the forum, looks like this

This is a client profileThis is a client profile

This is a zapped / closed / deleted / or suspended freelancer account:

closed account or suspended profileclosed account or suspended profile

Thanks, Petra.

I see now where I went wrong. I was entirely too focused on the wording, which is almost exactly the same in both cases (except for the word freelancer). I'll try to look for the other cues (like the "do not enter" sign and the exclamation point) from now on.

This widget could not be displayed.
23 of 25
This widget could not be displayed.

Author coach - someone who helps you through each stage, but more importantly, gets you in the chair and writing. It's not a book until you write it. 😄 

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
24 of 25

John,

You've gotten a lot of technical advice - I'm adding the 'human touch' advice.  You and the writer (if you get that far) need to make 110% positive you are compatible.  You both have to be brutally honest without taking affront or 'having your feelings hurt'. You both need to have a high standard of integrity. You have to fully respect the knowledge the other offers.  

The two of you will literally be in bed together for months ... make sure you like the person. Make sure he/she likes you. Before beginning the project.

ae3afdad
John W Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
25 of 25
Great advice, thank you.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS