🐈
» Forums » Clients » new to upwork & have a copyright question
Page options
mari_vasel
Community Member

new to upwork & have a copyright question

Is there a place to ask a question that isn't public?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "new to upwork & have a copyright question. Is there a place to ask a question that isn't public?"

You may ask your question right here in the Community Forum. It is a public forum. We love to discuss topics that affect Upwork users, including questions about who owns the copyright to work commissioned on Upwork.

You may also try entering some key words into the "Subject" search box at the top of the Community Forum page, and searching the thousands of threads and discussions already here to see if your question has already been answered.

If you do NOT want to use this public forum, you may try to create a Support Desk ticket. But you should be aware that this may take considerably more time, and Upwork Customer Support personnel are NOT there to answer questions about copyright. Their purpose is to assist Upwork users with Upwork issues, particulary with issues that can't be handle using the user-side Upwork interface or answered using Upwork's documentation and/or Community Forum.

If you want to ask all kinds of questions about copyright, in a completely confidential way, then you can post questions as job posts on the main site. Or simply post a job asking for copyright expertise, without even disclosing your questions. There are MANY experts (including many attorneys, intellectual property experts, copyright consultants, and data security experts) who can provide you with advice at: http://www.upwork.com

thank you for your response. I was going to post in the public forum but
didn't want the client who invited me to do the work, to see my question. I
didn't want to accuse them of copying publicly even though that is what
they were asking to do. I am new to this platform but maybe the best thing
is to ignore the invite.

Mari:

If it helps.... VERY FEW clients ever read the Community Forum.

I never worry about that.

And you can ask a question in a general way without naming a client.

As long as you are professional and ethical, you shouldn't worry about asking questions in the Forum.

re: "I am new to this platform but maybe the best thing is to ignore the invite."

That's probably the safest thing to do.

But in the future, don't be afraid to post questions (without naming names) in the Forum.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I think a relatively small subset of the UW population haunt the forum regularly BUT I see clients posting & responding here regularly, especially in this thread which is specifically for clients.

In your shoes, I'd embed my question among several pertaining to copyright issues. You're sure to elicit responses that include useful input. You might want to put it in the Writers & Translators forum.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths