🐈
» Forums » Clients » no freelancer and no job post
Page options
a54b54c9
Community Member

no freelancer and no job post

I have posted a job and then hired a freelancer.
Upwork instantly closed my post upon hiring.
After a week, my freelancer quitted.
Now, I have neither the freelancer nor the post (to search for a new freelancer).

Since you automatically and unilaterally close posts upon hiring, you probably have an answer other than posting (and paying for visibility) again.

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the question. I checked and while I do see your job was closed, you can locate it and still review other proposals by selecting the "RECENTLY FILLED" link from the account menu > selecting the job post title > check Review Proposals tab. You can also locate your open job under Jobs > All Job Posts tab and opt to reuse it if you'd like to re-post it and receive additional proposals.

Just to confirm, after hiring the freelancer have you by any chance opted to close the job? By design, clients are asked after hiring on a job post if they'd like to keep the job open or close it. I'll check with the team but it doesn't appear the job was closed by our team.

Regarding communicating with the freelancer you hired, I see they responded to your most recent message last week so unless you're communicating outside Upwork, if you'd like to reach out to them you can follow up in the Message room or, if you like, we can send a message to the freelancer on your behalf and ask them to contact you.

Please let us know if you need further guidance or assistance and we'll be more than happy to help you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you for your response.

When I clicked on the "Hired" botton, the job post was closed.

I didn't see any option to keep it open.

By the way, how can I email you instead of writing in a public forum?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the follow-up. Please click on my photo and send me a private message so we can continue the conversation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths