cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

odesk "hide"

enthebox
kevin v Member Since: Mar 18, 2010
1 of 5
i have a question..why does odesk hide some of the applicants when i post jobs. Is it that odesk does not believe i should consider that individual.
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 5
Hi Kevin, You might want to read this thread. We've been having lengthy discussions about it for a while. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/34371
jenmhutson
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
3 of 5
Unfortunately, this is another of oDesk's brilliant ideas to "help" clients not feel "overwhelmed" by large numbers of applicants. It's ridiculous and unnecessary. We're all scratching our heads, too.
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
4 of 5
[quote=kevin v.]i have a question..why does odesk hide some of the applicants when i post jobs. Is it that oDesk does not believe i should consider that individual.[/quote] However oDesk is almost always wrong about who they hide. Luckily you even noticed that they are hidden. Many, many clients do not even notice it and ODesk does nothing to alert them to that fact. It is an abysmal failure that they refuse to change.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 5
"It is an abysmal failure that they refuse to change" ...despite it having been spoken out against and unanimously derided for months and months by clients and freelancers alike. It simply doesn't work, and many think it is immoral that they don't even let freelancers know when their application hasn't been delivered (as was said above, you're one of the lucky ones who knows about it.) Despite these months and months of constant complaint and unrest about it, oDesk refuse to listen to anyone, and insist they have figures that show that it makes life better for people (although not a single person ion the forums has said it's made their life better), and they've made it clear they don't intend to budge on the issue. It's a disgrace.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS