Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Members
Featured Contributor

poor Skype audio quality ... any alternatives?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
1 Posts

poor Skype audio quality ... any alternatives?

[ Edited ]
I am a client in Canada and new to hiring online freelancers. Recently I have been using Skype audio to interview applicants and I have been experiencing very poor audio quality, probably because of either long distance connections or internet connection speed at the applicants'ends. And I am certain that my internet connection is not the cause as I already have high speed internet. Does anyone here have experience with the same problem and have found alternative solutions? Please advise. Thank you for your time to answer my question.
Community Guru
236 Posts

GoToMeeting

[ Edited ]
I live in a country where we pay high internet fees that don't deliver on speed. It can be cumbersome when it comes to Skype video calls (even voice calls).. my clients would either use GoToMeeting as the call quality is clearer and you can do screen-sharing simultaneously.. or sometimes, they would call me direct on my phone. Of course, you would like to take advantage of freebies during the interview stage. There are also other tools like WeChat, Viber, etc.
Power Member
7 Posts

Google+ has a good video chat, try it.

[ Edited ]
You need to have google+ account and to add your contact person.
Community Guru
241 Posts

Re: poor Skype audio quality ... any alternatives?

[ Edited ]

I don't have any problem talking with clients in Norway, India, Australia, Canada, Grand Cayman.

Really think you need to take a hard look at your system.

1 Posts

I am agree with mr.pavel, google+ Thats better than skype. Google hangout will be easier to communicate.
Community Guru
1,367 Posts

If the person is having problems on Skype and it is due to an older computer or slow Internet Connection, Google Hangouts will freeze a computer. I know my old computer worked fine with Skype but Google Hangouts froze my entire system.

Although you could use Google Voice to make calls which when I had problems with Skype worked fairly well. I use both and have very little problems now, but your computer system and Internet Speed have a lot to do with call quality.

It is possible if you are having problems with a certain area the call quality could also be on their end.