🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: "Charge failed" - But enough money in ban...
Page options
6232deeb
Community Member

"Charge failed" - But enough money in bank account

Hi,

I'm making a deposit for a milestone with enough funds in my bank account. However, when I click "Hire", an update billing method popup appears.

I re-enter my card details, then it returns "You already have this payment method on file" - with a clickable link "current payment methods" which does nothing when clicked.

I've used this visa business card several time and it's always worked.

When I update the card in settings, it's fine, up until I click "Hire" again - then it displays "Charge failed"..

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Hassan:

When setting up payment methods to pay Upwork, you really need to use true credit cards, and not pre-paid cards, debit cards, etc. Using other kinds of cards is typically why people have trouble with this...

Read:

Add a Credit Card

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 4.39.23 PM.png

Preston, 

Your canned solution doesn't work - and I tried it beforehand.

I'm using a business visa card, which has worked with Upwork in several projects.

My card is NOT a prepaid card. My card is a REAL business VISA card that has WORKED with upwork in the past, and has the FUNDS IN.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hassan, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. I asked the Customer Support Team to look into this and I'll get back to you once we have more information about your issue.

ETA: Hi Hassan, the team has confirmed that the issue is this card has went over the credit limit. They have recommended that you reach out directly to your bank to clarify the issue. Let us know if you will be needing further assitance and our team will be happy to help.

~ Avery
Upwork
6232deeb
Community Member

Hi,

I've just called the Bank, my Bank is not blocking anything, there is no credit limit, and I do have enough funds in my account. They did recieve a transaction from Upwork for zero.

This is a problem on your end, moreover, recently, others on this forum seem to be having a similar issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hassan,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case. You can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
42a180ff
Community Member

Hi im having similar problems .. my visa debit card have sufficient funds.. my 2 milestone payment went through but my last payment - charge failed..

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gem,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem using a mastercard...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths