🐈
» Forums » Clients » "Deposit Credit" and use it for hourly contra...
Page options
patricktt
Community Member

"Deposit Credit" and use it for hourly contracts? (Less Invoices)

Hi!
Is it possible to deposit f.e. 1000$, get an invoice from Upwork for that, and then use this money for hourly contracts?

Greetings,
   -Patrick-

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Patrick, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that this is not possible. Your freelancer will log hours in their Work Diary, and you'll receive one invoice per freelancer each week for your hourly contracts on Upwork. Here’s how it works:

• Every Monday, we’ll invoice you for the previous week's hours based on your freelancer’s Work Diary
  • Your default billing method will be charged automatically for the balance due
  • If you need to file a dispute, you must do so before Friday of the week you received the invoice

You can find more information about paying for Hourly Contracts in this help article. Feel free to also check this page for additional information. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
patricktt
Community Member

Thank you very much for the clear answer.

That is one of the big downsides of Upwork: If you want the security of hourly work, you get A LOT of invoices. That is always a big hassle when doing taxes. (Or in my case: I pay my tax accountant per invoice - so Upwork does not work for smaller hourly contracts )

Latest Articles
Learning Paths