🐈
» Forums » Clients » "Interview in progress."
Page options
8f51dc45
Community Member

"Interview in progress."

Hello and thank you for any input you can provide. I set up a job and invited a freelancer to see if he was interested in this project. Because I've not heard back over the last 12 hours, I looked at his profile and I do not see that he has been "invited." However, when I click on the 'Invite' button it shows my exact invitation and underneath it I see the words "Interview in progress" with the 'Send Invitation' button grayed out. How do I know whether this person has actually received anything from me? This seems to be a flaw or bug of some form? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Neil:

The freelancer's Upwork interface has provided a notification to him that you sent him an invitation.

That is simply how the system works.

There have been no bugs or flaws related to this part of Upwork - not in the five+ years I have been here.

We can not guarantee that the freelancer is paying attention. Perhaps he has not logged into Upwork at all during the past few days. We can not guarantee that the freelancer is interested. Perhaps the freelancer is rude, and neglected to respond or decline. Perhaps the freelancer is hiking without Internet access.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neil,

I checked this for you and you successfully invited one Freelancer to submit a proposal for your Job Post. If Freelancer accepts Invitation, message room will be created for you and your Freelancer, and you will be able to communicate with them. Otherwise, if Freelancer declines the invitation, it will appear under Review Proposals - Archived. 

Please check this help article for more information.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork
3aeca6f3
Community Member

Hello there! I’m trying to invite this free lancer but it says Interview in progress and they say they don’t have an invite.

Can you assist me with this please?

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Danny,

I checked and can confirm that you successfully invited this Freelancer to submit a proposal for your Job Post. If Freelancer accepts Invitation, message room will be created for you and your Freelancer, and you will be able to communicate with them. Otherwise, if Freelancer declines the invitation, it will appear under Review Proposals - Archived. You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Danny C wrote:

Hello there! I’m trying to invite this free lancer but it says Interview in progress and they say they don’t have an invite.

I wonder how you are communicating with the freelancer when no invitation was received?

Luce N wrote:

Neil, I would definetely invite other freelancers.

I think a year after Neil sent the invite it's probably no longer all that relevant 😉

1. Petra R wrote:

Danny C wrote:

I wonder how you are communicating with the freelancer when no invitation was received?

Perhaps he's hired this freelancer in the past. I have at least once received an invitation from a client who had previously hired me.

Richard W wrote:

1. Petra R wrote:

Danny C wrote:

Perhaps he's hired this freelancer in the past. I have at least once received an invitation from a client who had previously hired me.

Then there is little point in an interview, is there? They are already in full swing communication...

robin_hyman
Community Member

Neil D wrote:

Hello and thank you for any input you can provide. I set up a job and invited a freelancer to see if he was interested in this project. Because I've not heard back over the last 12 hours, I looked at his profile and I do not see that he has been "invited." However, when I click on the 'Invite' button it shows my exact invitation and underneath it I see the words "Interview in progress" with the 'Send Invitation' button grayed out. How do I know whether this person has actually received anything from me? This seems to be a flaw or bug of some form? Thank you

Hi Neil,

You've already sent the invitation.  Give it a day or two.  You should also invite other freelancers.  It's possible this freelancer will never respond to the invite.  

Good luck!

8f51dc45
Community Member

Hello and thank you for your responses. I hope I didn't leave the impression that I was overly impatient. I was only curious how I would know that my invitation was properly sent since I am new to Upwork. So if I'm understanding correctly, I have no way of knowing whether my invitation was sent until the person I've invited responds. I'm not necessarily comforted by that but if that's the way it works ...

Thank you again for your support!

Have a brilliant day!

As you mention, the "Submit your invitation" was greyed out.  That means you can no longer click on it because you've already sent your invitation.  That is your confirmation.  

Neil D wrote:

Hello and thank you for your responses. I hope I didn't leave the impression that I was overly impatient. I was only curious how I would know that my invitation was properly sent since I am new to Upwork. So if I'm understanding correctly, I have no way of knowing whether my invitation was sent until the person I've invited responds. I'm not necessarily comforted by that but if that's the way it works ...

Neil, I'm a freelancer, whenever I receive an invitation, I receive an e-mail to inform me about it. However, I think this feature is an option. Your freelancer may not be advised about your invitation unless he logs into Upwork, which means he/she is not looking for jobs on Upwork at the present. I would definetely invite other freelancers.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths