🐈
» Forums » Clients » "No Permanent Establishment" certificate and ...
Page options
fac30f8a
Community Member

"No Permanent Establishment" certificate and "Tax Residency" Certificate from Upwork

Hi,

I am an Upwork client from India. I post jobs on Upwork frequently.

I am an Indian resident and as per Indian tax law TDS needs to be deducted on any payment made to a non resident and since I am making a payment to upwork for services taken and upwork raises me an invoice I will have to deduct TDS u/s 195 of the income tax act as FTS(Fees for Technical Services ).
If you wish to take any benefit of DTAA (double tax avoidance agreement) please provide "no PE"(No Permanent Establishment) certificate and TRC(Tax Residence Certificate) so that any benefit if available under DTAA can be taken

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalyana,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar,

We have the exact same requirement. We have posted many jobs on upwork and have hired people here over the past year or so. We need a tax residency certificate for fiscal year 2021 and 2022 from upwork for Indian tax laws failing which we may have to pay 20% additional tax in India which makes continuing on upwork unviable. Kindly help.

Thanks

Mridula Anand

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bobafett999
Community Member

Pradeep:  whenever I see a post asking for help, the standard COPY PASTE answer is " I have shared your concern and they will get back to you via a support ticket, or read the team member's response on this ticket"  When the issue doesn't involve any humanoid related issue, why can't you guys write what the support ticket said.  Rather than singing the same song, you can copy paste the response.

Has upwork only given you two or three templates to copy paste from?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this, Prashant. 

There are cases when a client or talent has already reached out to the support team when they post in the Community. Sometimes when we check the ticket, the team is yet to respond to the user because they're still researching the answer. When this happens, we usually direct them to their support ticket so that they can be assisted further. This ensures that we avoid duplicating efforts when researching the answer and that they can be easily redirected to other teams if they have further questions. 

If we have the answer to a question that can be publicly shared in the Community, we will share it here. Otherwise, it is always best to reach out to the Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths