Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Permanent Establishment" certificate and "Tax Residency" Certificate from Upwork

Active Member
Kalyana V Member Since: Jun 19, 2021
1 of 2


I am an Upwork client from India. I post jobs on Upwork frequently.

I am an Indian resident and as per Indian tax law TDS needs to be deducted on any payment made to a non resident and since I am making a payment to upwork for services taken and upwork raises me an invoice I will have to deduct TDS u/s 195 of the income tax act as FTS(Fees for Technical Services ).
If you wish to take any benefit of DTAA (double tax avoidance agreement) please provide "no PE"(No Permanent Establishment) certificate and TRC(Tax Residence Certificate) so that any benefit if available under DTAA can be taken

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 2

Hi Kalyana,


I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.


Thank you.

~ Aleksandar