🐈
» Forums » Clients » "No feedback given"? More like bad reviews th...
Page options
26a40431
Community Member

"No feedback given"? More like bad reviews that the freelancers don't want you to see.

Just ended a contract with an untrustworthy freelancer, who charged us when he's working on other company's projects (12 hours I've known of, not sure about other times). And then he failed to meet an agreed deadline, when he's promised that he'll get it done before then.

Every time we followed up, he would said "I would give you update within today", and then nothing after that. The night before the deadline, he told us that he's had no time to work on our project, and asked if we would like his friend to work on it instead. 

I tried to warn the others in the feedback section that they should never engage with this person (untrustworthy and doesn't stick with deadline), but then I realised the feedback doesn't show up on the freelancer's profile?! It just says "No feedback given"?!

I saw another review that was labelled as "No feedback given" and I wonder if it's also a bad review about the same issue?

Had I known that he has bad reviews, I wouldn't have spent $3000+ on this guy. I am in disbelief that this is the way the feedback is structured on Upwork. Had I known, I wouldn't have recommended it to my network, either.

4 REPLIES 4
rverang
Community Member

@Brenda L wrote:

I tried to warn the others in the feedback section that they should never engage with this person (untrustworthy and doesn't stick with deadline), but then I realised the feedback doesn't show up on the freelancer's profile?! It just says "No feedback given"?!

The feedback will show up once:

1. The freelancer gives you a feedback, or

2. 14 days after the contract ended, whichever comes first

If you have closed the contract Renante is correct.  However, 'no feedback given' is not a good indicator of the freelancer (yes it is possible that some clients would not give a bad feeedback).  However, often clients don't bother to close the contract.  They got the work, they paid and want to be done with it.  I do not know exactly the process is from a client side (easy, hard or cumbersome and confusing).  But you did the correct thing, by leaving the feedback based on your experience.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Brenda. 

Renante is correct. The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other. If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.

~ Avery
Upwork
douik-nader
Community Member

That's frustrating to deal with. Bad reviews should do it.
Also the more you hire people on the platform the more you will get used to it, and the better you will know how to handle things and predict the success or failure of the collaboration with freelancers.
I still think you should, if you have proof, talk to upwork's support, maybe they will take action regarding this freelancer.
Best of luck,

Latest Articles
Learning Paths