🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: "This freelancer is not available for job...
Page options
mfoard
Community Member

"This freelancer is not available for job invitations"

I'm trying to hire a freelancer for one of my jobs, but their profile says, "This freelancer is not available for job invitations."  I was instructed to contact support to get the profile approved for hiring.  Please advise.

37 REPLIES 37
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi MIchelle,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have the same problem.

Hi Christian Kyle,

I checked your account and it looks like it is still under review. The profile review process may take at least 24 hours to complete. Once it's completed, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of the status of your profile approval. Once approved, you can start submitting proposals. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day! I am new to upwork and my profile got rejected but the employer of my cousin wants to hire me but he can't invite me for a job. Can you please help me?

Hi Justine, 

I checked your profile and can see that it was recently accepted. The client should be able to hire you through your Upwork profile.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, It seems that I cant send a proposal in behalf of my agency freelancer **Edited for community guidelines**. My agency client also can't invite her. please check. 

Hi Gian,

Looks like their account wasn't accepted into our marketplace. Unfortunately, their profile needs to be approved first before they can join your agency as an active member. Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I had members who doesnt have approved accounts but I can still send
proposals for them as an agency member

Hi Gian,

You can invite a freelancer to work exclusively for your agency. Please refer to this help article for more information on exclusive and non-exclusive statuses of agency freelancers.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e75a6dd1
Community Member

I am trying to contact **Edited for community guidelines**. Despite the fact that she show she has a 100% job success rate,I'm getting a message saying she's not available for job invitation

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arline,

I just checked this for you and you should be able to click on the "Invite" button on the freelancer's profile and invite them to your project. 

Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello - getting the same error, please assist. 

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

Please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I am having the same problem, someone wants to invite me to a job but it says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." I hope you can help me with this problem. Not sure what went wrong.

Hi Ruth, 

I was unable to identify the client who wants to hire you. Did the client contact you through Upwork? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, I am not sure why she said that she can't send an invitation.

Hi Ruth, 

I checked, and the only proposal you sent out was for the contract that was recently closed. Is it the same client who wants to hire you? Is the client trying to hire you as an agency freelancer? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Issue fixed - it appears that withdrawing a previous proposal caused a block in the system

Hi I'm a freelancer messaging with a client right now who's trying to hire me and we are experiencing this issue. Please help!

2459db71
Community Member

I have the same issue trying to hire a freelancer that I have worked with before, how can I do that if their profile says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations?

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please go to your account settings and chose the top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. 

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a43a5507
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, I keep getting the message 'This freelancer is not available for invitations' when I click 'Invite to Job.'

Please advise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7d7d8c3c
Community Member

Hello, I contacted a freelancer through another working community, and I would like to hire him through Upwork. He passed me the link to his profile but it says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." Is there a way I can hire him anyways?

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

Could you please complete your address, and phone number on this page and let me know if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
c5f6e493
Community Member

I have the same problem.

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I would like to hire a freelancer through Upwork. He passed me the link to his profile but it says "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." What can I do? Thanks!

Chams: you can create a public job posting. It is free for you to do so.

Then send the link to that posting to the freelancer you are in conversation with. He can apply to your job posting regardless of his privacy or availability setting.

Alternatively, you need to get him to set his available status to available. Then you will be able to send him a private invite.

Makr sure you are logged in to Upwork and using your client aspect/profile.

Thanks for your answer Preston.

I did what you ask me to do but the freelancer still cannot apply because his profile is not approved..

petra_r
Community Member

Chams Eddine M wrote:

I did what you ask me to do but the freelancer still cannot apply because his profile is not approved..

Then you may want to hire a different freelancer.

You could also request for him to be allowed to work with you (and you only, no other client at all)

Would this possibly be connected with your friend's profile not being approved?

Just in case it is, "hiring" your friends to get them on the platform or boost their profile can get you both suspended...

fe4a378f
Community Member

I got the same problem, I already enter, my address,companyname, email, phone number, etc, but i still cant invite my freelancer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andry,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with hiring a freelancer. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jhnd7710
Community Member

Hi, team!

Got the same message. Please, help! 🙂 I can't hire a very professional translator with whom I've been working with.

Hi Andrei,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share the freelancer profile URL with me so that I can investigate this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andrei A wrote:

I can't hire a very professional translator with whom I've been working with.

on Upwork?

3001e9a2
Community Member

I have the same problems when I'm trying to hire a freelancer for one of my jobs, but their profile says, "This freelancer is not available for job invitations." 

Hi Tas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths