Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Top Rated" Freelancer Status = Complete Joke

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
21 of 26

@Mark B wrote:

"If a client has a poor collaboration history then the client feedback will not count against the freelancer score.

In the screenshot you provided there is a 2.5 star given by a client with low given and received feedback on multiple jobs."

-- Thanks for the info.  Do you know what is considered "poor collaboration history"?  Because the clients who left those 2 negative reviews for the freelancer mentioned in my OP look pretty reasonable to me... not sure I'd consider their scores "poor".  See attached details of the two clients who left those 1.95 and 3.00 reviews on the freelancer's profile.  

As Samantha explained a couple of days ago, JSS only reaches back two years. The two negative ratings you pointed out were from 2014 and 2015, and so not a part of the calculation.

tlsanders
Community Guru
22 of 26

@Mark B wrote:

I can't speak for other clients, but in the 151 times I've hired on Upwork in the past 3 years

Very impressive how you went from 117 to 151 in less than 48 hours. That's quite an increase in hiring rate, from 117 over three years (an average of just over 3 per month) to 17 per day since you originally gave us your hiring stats in this thread.

1ff3bc54
Ace Contributor
Mark B Member Since: Feb 7, 2016
23 of 26

Guess I was mistakenly referring to a different stat in my first reference.... I've posted 117 jobs and hired 151 contractors.  See screenshot attached. 

Either way, exact numbers are not really important... just wanted to make it clear I wasn't new to hiring on Upwork. 🙂

tlsanders
Community Guru
24 of 26

@Mark B wrote:

Either way, exact numbers are not really important... just wanted to make it clear I wasn't new to hiring on Upwork. 🙂

Agree. They're just taking on a distorted importance because the way you keep throwing them around is clearly impacting the way that people interpret your posts and respond to you--and not in the way you intend.

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
25 of 26

Mark, you may also like to know (as I suspect most clients don't) that Top Rated freelancers are allowed to occasionally remove one private feedback, so it no longer affects their JSS. They can do this once every 3 months (or after another 10 completed jobs, if that takes longer).

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
26 of 26

@Richard W wrote:

Mark, you may also like to know (as I suspect most clients don't) that Top Rated freelancers are allowed to occasionally remove one private feedback, so it no longer affects their JSS. They can do this once every 3 months (or after another 10 completed jobs, if that takes longer).

Not only that, there's 2 ways of doing so. One replaces the feedback with a message "This feedback has been removed." so a client can tell that feedback was removed. With the other method, the feedback is still visible in the freelancer's work history but excluded from JSS calculation, which can account for a freelancer being Top Rated with 100 JSS despite one or more low feedbacks, provided they occured 3 months/10 jobs apart.