cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Highlighted
Josh L Member Since: Dec 19, 2018
1 of 64

I'm trying to invite freelancers to apply to my job listing but it says I must "For more invites, upgrade to Featured". I have only invited 2 freelancers before receiving this message. Is 2 the daily limit? This seems unusual to me.

I have verified my email and phone number.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 64

Hi Josh. You're able to sends out 3 invites per job post. Upon checking your account, you have sent out 3, and 2 have responded.  To send more invitations per job post, you can upgrade your job post to a “Featured Job », which will give you unlimited invites. To learn more about Featured Jobs, click here.

Untitled
Josh L Member Since: Dec 19, 2018
3 of 64
Ok thanks for the clarification. Is that 3 per day or 3 in total?
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 64

Hi Josh,

You can send 3 invites total.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 64

@Bojan S wrote:

Hi Josh,

You can send 3 invites total.

Bojan, I've checked with a few longtime users, and it's our consensus that this limitation is new. I've also looked at the article Lena referenced, and it doesn't mention unlimited invitations for featured jobs. Is this a newly implemented feature? If so, why was there no announcement? And are clients notified when they attempt to send an invitation that they only have 3 total invitations? Because the OP seemed surprised to learn that he used up his invitation quota. If clients knew how many they could invite, perhaps they would choose whom to invite more carefully.

6 of 64

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Josh. You're able to sends out 3 invites per job post. Upon checking your account, you have sent out 3, and 2 have responded.  To send more invitations per job post, you can upgrade your job post to a “Featured Job », which will give you unlimited invites. To learn more about Featured Jobs, click here.

Is this why I am getting spammed with useless invites at the moment? Can we have a feature to block any invite that is also send to more than lets say 10 other freelancers?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
7 of 64

Hi everyone,

A small group of NEW Upwork clients are part of this test which limits the amount of invites they can send per job post. They are able to send 3 invites per job post, unless they decide to make their job a featured job, which means they would pay a fee to be able to send more invites out.

Jennifer, I wouldn't relate this to an increase in spammy or unrelated invites. On the contrary, this test is meant to improve the freelancer experience with invites. Your concern is valid, we often hear from freelancers who are frustrated because they receive too many invitations for jobs that don’t match their skills, pay rate, etc. We've also seen many times clients who send out many invites to freelancers for non-legitiment jobs. Because of these concerns, we are testing out limiting the number of invites a client can send to three per job post. This is just one of the many tests we run as we work to improve Upwork.

Untitled
Steve B Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
8 of 64

Well apparently I am part of the so called trial. No notification, nothing. I find it very rich that I cannot choose the people I want to apply/invite for my role rather than the getting bombarded with people who are not suitable. On top of the fee increase that we (both employers and freelancers) have just taken on the chin, I now have to pay for the privilage of inviting people to apply to my job. You guys are out of control. Stop biting the hand that feeds you. 

Tyler C Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
9 of 64

How am I going to find the right person when I only have THREE candidates to invite? Upwork is sinking their own ship lol

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 64

Tyler C wrote:

How am I going to find the right person when I only have THREE candidates to invite? Upwork is sinking their own ship lol

Though many of us have tried to tell them what a bad idea this is, they don't really listen to us freelancers. Maybe they will if enough clients start complaining ... which they have.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS