Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
31 of 62

Agree 100%

I think Upwork is trying to make the clients pay for job postings - or, they will be able to invite only 3 freelancers. If I remember correctly, clients have to pay for featured jobs, right?

Instead of concentrating on fixing numerous bugs, Upwork is constantly "improving" the platform with  features that go from bad to worse...to disastrous...

S. M Member Since: Jul 18, 2018
32 of 62

This is dissapointing. I used to use Upwork to find freelancers and paying % when hire. With the 3 invites to send out, will be moving to alternative sites. Good luck!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
33 of 62

Can you please give clients at least 5 invites each?? I understand that this move is to counteract spammy invites, but now you're going the other extreme. Is this why I've gotten no invites lately? (Except one that wanted to buy my gut health program Man Indifferent )

Please don't make life any more difficult for freelancer and clients. With all the horrible changes you've made recently, this has been the worst year for my work since I started on Upwork.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
34 of 62

I do not have a problem with the current invite system that has no limits. It's trivial for me to decline a job and if necessary block the client. A limit on invites does not seem to be a useful barrier and comes with more downsides than upsides. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
35 of 62

@Josh L wrote:

I'm trying to invite freelancers to apply to my job listing but it says I must "For more invites, upgrade to Featured". I have only invited 2 freelancers before receiving this message. Is 2 the daily limit? This seems unusual to me.

I have verified my email and phone number.

Ah, this explains a lot!

While it is just weird to see job postings with 50 invites - nobody can handle that many, and often these are job postings with no hire ever - 3 is too few. If I were a client I would find that annoying, it is an unneccessary restriction. 10 would be fine, IMO.

This is clearly a way for upwork to create a new revenue stream - nothing wrong with that - but there is no other benefit to either the client or the freelancer. Freelancers seldom complain about being swamped with invites, and even if they were, it takes a second to decline one, if one cares about ones responsiveness metric, or do nothing at all, if one doesn't. 

So, yep, bad idea, upwork. 

James D Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
36 of 62

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork and am in the process of hiring 2 freelancers. In my search to hire more at $35.00 to $50.00 per job, Upwork system interrupted my search, and a pop up stated that I was at my 'daily limit', which I have no idea what this means.  What limit?

And the pop-up also wanted my credit card or Paypal info. I don't even see a price I'm being asked to pay/process on my credit card or Paypal.

I'm very confused. I don't know how to pay each of the 2 people I've hired either, once they've completed their job, in about a week's time.

Why can't I search for more freelancers and why do you want my credit card info, without giving me a price for what I'm paying?

Thank you for your assistance!

It's greatly appreciated.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
37 of 62

Hi James, 

You can invite up to 3 freelancers. Please check out this thread for more information about this feature. Regarding your concern with being prompted to add a billing method, before engaging a freelancer, you'll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Please check out this help article for the different billing method available. If you need further help, please let us know. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
38 of 62

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

You can invite up to 3 freelancers. Please check out this thread for more information about this feature. Regarding your concern with being prompted to add a billing method, before engaging a freelancer, you'll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Please check out this help article for the different billing method available. If you need further help, please let us know. 

But James said that his search function was restricted, not his invites. Is that new?

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
39 of 62

Martina P wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

But James said that his search function was restricted, not his invites. Is that new?

I guess Upwork wants to prevent the client to waste time looking at profiles if he cannot invite additional freelancers since he has reached his limit. I am wondering though if he could start a search from scratch and create a new (invite only) job if he finds profiles he likes.

Community Guru
40 of 62

Jennifer R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi James, 

I guess Upwork wants to prevent the client to waste time looking at profiles if he cannot invite additional freelancers since he has reached his limit. I am wondering though if he could start a search from scratch and create a new (invite only) job if he finds profiles he likes.

Well if James was not mistaken and talking about invites instead of just searching, I have to put in my vote for worst new feature of 2019. Because it makes no sense and is abhorrent customer experience, IMO. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS