cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Tyler C Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
11 of 64

Wow, looks like my 3 invites have all said No. Now I have no candidates and an idle job posting. Thanks Upwork! **edited for Community Guidelines**

Juan F Member Since: Aug 23, 2019
12 of 64

I have been using Upwork for years now (since it was oDesk and Elance). Have hired for more than 100 contracts and am very close to 5 star client. This fee for invitation is the worst idea ever!!! My contracts are more on the low price range and having to pay that much just to send invites makes the cost become too high for the job. Not worth it anymore. And obviously just 3 invites is not enough to find a good candidate. Just opened an account on Fiverr (which I never considered before) and will give that a try. Just hired a person there. Sorry Upwork but you lost me with that one..

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 64

Juan F wrote:

(...) My contracts are more on the low price range (...)

Sorry Upwork but you lost me with that one..

Actually I think that was the idea...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Juan F Member Since: Aug 23, 2019
14 of 64

You said "Actually I think that was the idea..."

Yes, it could be but:

1) I do provide profits for them

2) I do provide work for lots of freelancers. Have hired dozens of them. So that makes freelancers stick to the platform.

3) Hard to see a platform that lives only from big contracts. But if that's their goal good luck. They'll need to clean up not only clients but freelancers as well as most of them are entry level and that's a risky bet. But I don't care. I know I have alternatives to get my job done.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 64

Lena E wrote:

Hi everyone,

A small group of NEW Upwork clients are part of this test which limits the amount of invites they can send per job post. They are able to send 3 invites per job post, unless they decide to make their job a featured job, which means they would pay a fee to be able to send more invites out.

Jennifer, I wouldn't relate this to an increase in spammy or unrelated invites. On the contrary, this test is meant to improve the freelancer experience with invites. Your concern is valid, we often hear from freelancers who are frustrated because they receive too many invitations for jobs that don’t match their skills, pay rate, etc. We've also seen many times clients who send out many invites to freelancers for non-legitiment jobs. Because of these concerns, we are testing out limiting the number of invites a client can send to three per job post. This is just one of the many tests we run as we work to improve Upwork.

Oh goody, a more ill-thought-out program to make things even worse for clients. Isn't it well-established  that there are too many freelancers and not enough clients on this site? So here's an idea, lets make those desperately-needed new (and after reading Steve B's comments, well- established) clients pay for the privilege of inviting more than 2 or 3 freelancers. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea (NOT).

Of course some things need improving; freelancers don't like to see clients bombarded with 100+ bids. But it's like Upwork doesn't understand a middle ground solution and always goes to extremes. Please give clients a little more leeway than this.

16 of 64

My "3 invites" are up and now after 3 minutes, I can no longer invite applicants to my job. SWEET UPWORK. GENIUS BUSINESS MODEL. I'm totally going to upgrade for $40 and not use a different contract network now.... BRILLIANT

17 of 64

HI Lena,

This idea is straight up terrible. Tell your boss that he should be fired.

Paul T Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
18 of 64
This is absolutely a new restriction and as a long time user certainly turning us off the platform. No way will you match with the right freelancer with 3 invites. It takes 30+ discussions to find the right person here. Lots of fake skills listed, poor communication etc. Trying to get ppl hiring to pay $20+ to have more invites is a Ludacris product decision.
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 64

Paul T wrote:
This is absolutely a new restriction and as a long time user certainly turning us off the platform. No way will you match with the right freelancer with 3 invites. It takes 30+ discussions to find the right person here. Lots of fake skills listed, poor communication etc. Trying to get ppl hiring to pay $20+ to have more invites is a Ludacris product decision.

Paul - many freelancers are not happy about this either. I hope more clients will speak up.

Upwork ... are you listening?

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
20 of 64
No wonder I don't get as many invites. I used to have at least one every two days, but November and December have more or less forced me to apply.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS