cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Tyler C Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
11 of 54

Wow, looks like my 3 invites have all said No. Now I have no candidates and an idle job posting. Thanks Upwork! **edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 54

Lena E wrote:

Hi everyone,

A small group of NEW Upwork clients are part of this test which limits the amount of invites they can send per job post. They are able to send 3 invites per job post, unless they decide to make their job a featured job, which means they would pay a fee to be able to send more invites out.

Jennifer, I wouldn't relate this to an increase in spammy or unrelated invites. On the contrary, this test is meant to improve the freelancer experience with invites. Your concern is valid, we often hear from freelancers who are frustrated because they receive too many invitations for jobs that don’t match their skills, pay rate, etc. We've also seen many times clients who send out many invites to freelancers for non-legitiment jobs. Because of these concerns, we are testing out limiting the number of invites a client can send to three per job post. This is just one of the many tests we run as we work to improve Upwork.

Oh goody, a more ill-thought-out program to make things even worse for clients. Isn't it well-established  that there are too many freelancers and not enough clients on this site? So here's an idea, lets make those desperately-needed new (and after reading Steve B's comments, well- established) clients pay for the privilege of inviting more than 2 or 3 freelancers. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea (NOT).

Of course some things need improving; freelancers don't like to see clients bombarded with 100+ bids. But it's like Upwork doesn't understand a middle ground solution and always goes to extremes. Please give clients a little more leeway than this.

13 of 54

My "3 invites" are up and now after 3 minutes, I can no longer invite applicants to my job. SWEET UPWORK. GENIUS BUSINESS MODEL. I'm totally going to upgrade for $40 and not use a different contract network now.... BRILLIANT

14 of 54

HI Lena,

This idea is straight up terrible. Tell your boss that he should be fired.

Paul T Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
15 of 54
This is absolutely a new restriction and as a long time user certainly turning us off the platform. No way will you match with the right freelancer with 3 invites. It takes 30+ discussions to find the right person here. Lots of fake skills listed, poor communication etc. Trying to get ppl hiring to pay $20+ to have more invites is a Ludacris product decision.
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 54

Paul T wrote:
This is absolutely a new restriction and as a long time user certainly turning us off the platform. No way will you match with the right freelancer with 3 invites. It takes 30+ discussions to find the right person here. Lots of fake skills listed, poor communication etc. Trying to get ppl hiring to pay $20+ to have more invites is a Ludacris product decision.

Paul - many freelancers are not happy about this either. I hope more clients will speak up.

Upwork ... are you listening?

Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
17 of 54
No wonder I don't get as many invites. I used to have at least one every two days, but November and December have more or less forced me to apply.
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
18 of 54

Lena as John mentioned, a notification of this - test or policy - needs to be prominently stated for all users.  Having buyers or FLers reverting to the forums asking what the heck is going on is the apex of mismanagement, lack of transparency, and flat-out lousy communications.

The intent might be valid. The process is certainly not.

Josh L Member Since: Dec 19, 2018
19 of 54

Thanks everyone for the support!

I agree if I knew I would of been more careful in picking who

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
20 of 54

Josh,

I understand this was not clear to you, and will share your feedback with the team. However, I also want to point out that when you send an invite you are shown the number of invites you have remaining at several points. When searching for freelancers there is a counter at the top of the screen displaying how many invites you have remaining.  Before you send the invite there is a counter at the bottom displaying how many are left. Also, after sending the invite there is a pop-up letting you know how many invites you have left. I've included screenshots below.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

inviteQT1.png

InviteQT2.pngInviteQT3.png

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS