cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
41 of 54

Hi James,

To address your concern regarding how payments are processed on Upwork, and which Payment Protections are in place for Upwork Clients, kindly check next help articles:

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
42 of 54
A suggestion for Upwork if I may? If a freelancer declines an invitation, why not return the invite to the client? Otherwise, instead of the intended effect of motivating clients to upgrade, the main effect is likely to be clients closing a job then posting a similar job to get around the 3 invitation limit.
43 of 54

Clients who do not want to pay will simply go for intermediate freelancers (and prices) and the present system of making both parties pay is simply going to lead to circumvention. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
44 of 54

Is this really how you want to treat clients, Upwork?:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Invited-Freelancers/m-p/573214#M41453

Steve B Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
45 of 54

I have been hiring Freelancers from Upwork for years (since odesk days) and have three separate accounts for three different businesses. The "trial for a small group" is BS as all my accounts have been limited. So not only are you charging me and the freelancers exorbitant rates, you now what the employers to pay $29.99 per job for the privilege of inviting people we feel are the best fit for our roles. I will not do it and will be leaving the Upwork site as soon as my current contracts have been completed. Being profitable is one thing, ripping people off is beyond acceptable. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
46 of 54

Hi Steve, 

We understand your concern. Since you are already an active client on Upwork, your experience should not have changed. I will go ahead and escalate this to the team so that it can be investigated further. I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
47 of 54

John K wrote:
A suggestion for Upwork if I may? If a freelancer declines an invitation, why not return the invite to the client? Otherwise, instead of the intended effect of motivating clients to upgrade, the main effect is likely to be clients closing a job then posting a similar job to get around the 3 invitation limit.

Or, even more likely, abandoning the job altogether and posting it on a job board or one of the dozens of smaller freelancing sites available.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
48 of 54

Question: this week I was directly awarded a project with no invitation or prior discussion.  (Totally suitable offer which I accepted, by the way.)  

Although invites are now restricted (without additional payment), I assume that there is no restriction on doing this? So as clients become aware, we may have to be prepared to have projects awarded out of the blue more often? 

This could represent a fundamental change in how Upwork operates for a lot of us. Is this intentional? If so, are there further changes going to be made that relate to this?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
49 of 54

Kim F wrote:

Question: this week I was directly awarded a project with no invitation or prior discussion.  (Totally suitable offer which I accepted, by the way.)  

Although invites are now restricted (without additional payment), I assume that there is no restriction on doing this? So as clients become aware, we may have to be prepared to have projects awarded out of the blue more often? 

This could represent a fundamental change in how Upwork operates for a lot of us. Is this intentional? If so, are there further changes going to be made that relate to this?

Kim,

Please tell me that this is your Upwork's idea of an early April Fool's joke. Because otherwise, omg.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
50 of 54

Not sure which bit you mean, but that probably doesn't matter as none of it is a joke. It's long been possible to click 'hire now' on a profile. And it won't take long for people to catch on. 

Oddly, if you read the help pages on how to hire, it isn't mentioned there. So I guess it was easy to forget. Whatever, I'm certainly being far more vigilant in using the 'unavailable' thingy when I get busy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS