cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Featured" after 2 invites - cant invite more

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
51 of 64

Hi Steve, 

We understand your concern. Since you are already an active client on Upwork, your experience should not have changed. I will go ahead and escalate this to the team so that it can be investigated further. I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
52 of 64

John K wrote:
A suggestion for Upwork if I may? If a freelancer declines an invitation, why not return the invite to the client? Otherwise, instead of the intended effect of motivating clients to upgrade, the main effect is likely to be clients closing a job then posting a similar job to get around the 3 invitation limit.

Or, even more likely, abandoning the job altogether and posting it on a job board or one of the dozens of smaller freelancing sites available.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
53 of 64

Question: this week I was directly awarded a project with no invitation or prior discussion.  (Totally suitable offer which I accepted, by the way.)  

Although invites are now restricted (without additional payment), I assume that there is no restriction on doing this? So as clients become aware, we may have to be prepared to have projects awarded out of the blue more often? 

This could represent a fundamental change in how Upwork operates for a lot of us. Is this intentional? If so, are there further changes going to be made that relate to this?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
54 of 64

Kim F wrote:

Question: this week I was directly awarded a project with no invitation or prior discussion.  (Totally suitable offer which I accepted, by the way.)  

Although invites are now restricted (without additional payment), I assume that there is no restriction on doing this? So as clients become aware, we may have to be prepared to have projects awarded out of the blue more often? 

This could represent a fundamental change in how Upwork operates for a lot of us. Is this intentional? If so, are there further changes going to be made that relate to this?

Kim,

Please tell me that this is your Upwork's idea of an early April Fool's joke. Because otherwise, omg.

Community Guru
55 of 64

Not sure which bit you mean, but that probably doesn't matter as none of it is a joke. It's long been possible to click 'hire now' on a profile. And it won't take long for people to catch on. 

Oddly, if you read the help pages on how to hire, it isn't mentioned there. So I guess it was easy to forget. Whatever, I'm certainly being far more vigilant in using the 'unavailable' thingy when I get busy.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
56 of 64

Kim F wrote:

Not sure which bit you mean, but that probably doesn't matter as none of it is a joke. It's long been possible to click 'hire now' on a profile. And it won't take long for people to catch on. 

Oddly, if you read the help pages on how to hire, it isn't mentioned there. So I guess it was easy to forget. Whatever, I'm certainly being far more vigilant in using the 'unavailable' thingy when I get busy.

Oh ... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound flippant.

I don't know what happens when someone clicks "Hire Me" - I've always assumed it's the same as getting an invite and the freelancer has a chance to "interview" and either accept or not. But from what you posted, that's not the case.

I've never had a job awarded to me via the "hire me" button (not that I can remember). So what if it wasn't a job someone wanted to accept? Then what happens? Not expecting you to answer that ... just wondering out loud.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
57 of 64

Hi Kim, 

Could you please share the Contract ID for this contract so that I can look into this further? 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
58 of 64

I'd rather not. I don't understand what you want to look into. I was offered a contract. I accepted. I'm working on it. There are no issues to resolve.

Michael S Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
59 of 64

I used all 5 of my free invites and 2 freelancers did not respond. Can I replace them somehow so I can send 2 more free invites?

Thanks...

Adam J Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
60 of 64

I have spent over $50,000 on upwork since last year. This is the first feature to get me to look at what the competition is up to. Just an FYI, this would be a red alert for me if Upwork was my business.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS