🐈
» Forums » Clients » "You've hit a max # of connections, please co...
Page options
ticosalazar
Community Member

"You've hit a max # of connections, please confirm that you want to connect again" prompt

Hi, I'm currently going through shortlisting the applicants and a message pops up saying "You've hit a max # of connections, please confirm that you want to connect again". I'm not sure what it means and it's not letting me send a message to the applicants. Help 😞

34 REPLIES 34
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tesa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm also having this message. What it means? I'm having chat with my client with a contract.

Hi Hamayon,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the problem you`re experiencing? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
crispincourtenay
Community Member

I have the exact same message being displayed and tens of thousands out to bid - please don't break anything!!!

Do I need to be concerned?

Hi Crispin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, same issue here. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Hi Geraldine,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e7d3447a
Community Member

Hi I'm also getting the same message what does it mean. I have connects

Hi Joy,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mahsanq
Community Member

Hi I'm also getting the same message what does it mean. I have connects

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ahsan,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muzamil_
Community Member

Same Issue. What does it mean?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muzamil,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
654be2cc
Community Member

This is a public forum and all the answers to this problem from Upwork is, "reach us privately". What's the point of that in a public forum?

I also have the same issue and on top of that, the site is slow, kicks me out time to time, asks me to fill out the capctha. 

Do you have a resolution for this? Please stop asking us to send private messages and explain what's going on here publicly.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often.

Please make sure that

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jjgidds
Community Member

Ditto! And it's been happening for months. I want to know WHAT it means and why it's doing that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jodi,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing and please confirm if you have tried the troubleshooting tips previously shared on this thread?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also having this issue and would like to know what it means. Thank you for your help!

Hi Amber,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser? If the same issue happens, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gianleonardo
Community Member

Hello, recently I have this message on my chat app: You've hit a max # of connections, please confirm that you want to connect again. This might hinder me from getting chats from my clients. What should I do?

Hi Gian,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne
I'm facing the same issue. 
Also, on the mobile app, whenever I open messages it's always stuck on Waiting for an internet connection and when I restart the app, it works fine, I wonder if this issue is because of the message of the maximum connection.

Please check this issue as well.

Hi Vinay,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your mobile app. Is this also happening when you are accessing your account using your computer?

Please follow the steps below and kindly let us know if after checking the issue persisted. 

1. Confirm you are on a working internet connection (cellular or wifi)
  2. Confirm you have the latest version of the Upwork mobile app. Clients can check the Google Play store here or the iTunes App Store here. Freelancers can check the Google Play Store here or the iTunes App Store here
  3. Remove the app from the device’s memory (force stop/quit), reopen the app, and try again

~ Joanne
Upwork
3e6752c0
Community Member

I found the same issue today on the desktop - maximum # of connections. I first encountered it when looking at active proposals - does this mean that the client never got my proposal? There were a LOT of proposals with this message in the "messages" section of the proposal display.

Hi Susan,

Is this an issue you encountered when looking specifically at the message rooms for your active proposals? Did this not allow you to view the messages shared in the room? 

Please try clearing the cache and cookies for the browser you're using and check again to see if the issue persists. In case it does, please let me know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
m-ahtisham
Community Member

I'm getting this Prompt again and again, What Does That Mean? "You've hit a max # of connections, please confirm that you want to connect again"

Isn't it Harmful to my Profile? Please Guide me through the Step How Can I safely work On Upwork, Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please confirm where you`re receiving this error or what actions you`re taking before receiving this error? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I was Just Chating with my Client on the Upwork message board and Got this Prompt I clicked on Connect again and Got connected again after few minutes I got this prompt again I don't known Whats Going on...

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, I'm Waiting 🙂

44d098ab
Community Member

Hello,

I recieved a message that maximum number of connections.  I do not understand.

Hi there, 

Please try clearing the cache and cookies for the browser you're using and check again to see if the issue persists. In case it does, please let me know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tani_ali
Community Member

A message pops up saying "You've hit a max # of connections, please confirm that you want to connect again". I'm not sure what it means

Hi Tanzeel,

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths