🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: "charge failed".
Page options
030cb445
Community Member

"charge failed".

I have a verified paypal account, and linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork escrow. Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed".  plz help me as soon as possible.

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

I checked your account and you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork. Let us know if our team could assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
41c3f787
Community Member

Similar problem. Added a payment method, I have withdrawn money in the amount of the contract that I wanted to create. Entered the checksums, but issued the check has not passed. How do I get my money back and to re-check?

Hi Caren,

The two small charges have already been refunded back to your account. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
daniel-remmy
Community Member

I am a new freelancer. And was trying to charge membership fees through PayPal credit card. Obviously it's failed to charge as there was not enough money. I am trying to make the payment again after charging enough on it but it still says the chargement was failed. Is there anyone who can refresh and remove the "charge failure" badge for me. Thank you

Hi Daniel,

I checked your account and can confirm that you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to use your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. I can see that you've removed your Paypal account. If you want to try again, and if the issue persists, you can let us know so that we can investigate it further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
df161dcb
Community Member

Same problem. Verfied PayPal account works with Escrow via Upwork (money has been sent), but when trying to start the assignment I get the response that the  "charge failed" to proceed. Would be great to get quick answer and solution for this problem. Thanks in advance.  

- Stefan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths