cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I totally agree!

Highlighted
Dani K Member Since: Jun 18, 2011
1 of 66
No matter how much I interview, I always seem to end up with someone who lies about their experience or tries to pass off crap work (webdesign stuff this is easy to do if the client doesn't know what to look for. They make pretty looking things, that are totally crap and don't work in anything) With agencies it is hard because they usually have you talk to someone who does know how to answer questions then you end up with someone else. I try to tell them that I am a developer and just need help completing projects so they know not to try this but they do anyway. I am getting to the point I don't want to hire anyone new for anything anymore.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
2 of 66
I hear someone saying, "If you want the job done right, do it yourself" Smiley Wink This client-contractor thing is like dating. Sometimes, you speed date in a hope to find fresh talent real quick and there are times when the 'one' is already standing right in front of you, but you missed. I guess, happy endings only happen in fairy tales... haizzz
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 66
Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Simon S Member Since: Jul 20, 2012
4 of 66
You are spot on. Now oDesk allows the contractor to remove negative feedback. What is the point of even having Feedback if the contractors can conceal it?
Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
5 of 66
At the moment there is no such thing as hidden feedback! I found an exploit in oDesk.
Highlighted
Stephen G Member Since: Dec 25, 2010
6 of 66
Yes, they remove "hide feedback" features.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 66
[quote=Stephen G.]Yes, they remove "hide feedback" features.[/quote] Nonsense.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 66
Are you paying enough to get quality? If not you are just getting what you are paying for. Decent contractors can not afford to deliver shoddy work because they have a reputation to protect.
Highlighted
Wanda L Member Since: Sep 14, 2011
9 of 66
As far as I am concerned, you only get what you pay for here on oDesk. I mean, really. Have you seen how little some contractors are willing to work for?? This should be an immediate red flag to anyone looking for quality work because you simply aren't going to get it with the cheapest bids. ------------------------------ In it to achieve and succeed - Wonderful Wanda ------------------------------
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
10 of 66
clients telling me that they can get someone to do the same job for less than 1/2 of the price I am bidding, when it's obvious from the profiles of the other contractors they have hired that they can't.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS