cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really tired of contractors taking jobs they aren't qualified for

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
31 of 66
Look at the city and time zone on the profile. Someone needs a lesson in US geography.
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
32 of 66
I saw the copy/paste profile and timezone discrepancy as well. This forum needs a "oDesk's 'most intelligent' fraudsters" category.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 66
..... Idiots who come here to whine about others while exposing their own fraudulent or plain idiotic schemes or profiles.
Community Leader
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
34 of 66
Not all of us live in the same timezone as our country of registration with oDesk. It doesn't make us frauds.
Community Guru
35 of 66
The discrepancy was that the time zone was correct for the country but incorrect for the particular city within the country. If you ever actually lived in the country, or had relatives or friends there, you would know the correct time zones. Previously, it said New York City, UTC -8. I am pretty sure I am not the only person on this thread who saw that before it was fixed.
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
36 of 66
the funny thing is you don't have to live in the country or have relatives or friends there to know the correct time zones. a quick Google search is all it takes. makes me wonder why he didn't make that effort.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Leader
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
37 of 66
I doubt that the average person would be able to tell you what timezone they live in according to GMT and it would be quite easy to get it wrong considering that different countries change between summer and winter time at different times of the year, or as it is here in Egypt, they did away with summer time entirely after a the negative response to a rather obnoxious year where we changed to winter time and back to summer time and then back to winter time all in a matter of one and a half months!
Community Guru
38 of 66
The average "American" knows the time zones in America. If you have relations in a foreign country, you usually know the time zones so you don't wake people in the middle of the night.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
39 of 66
The average 'American' knows their TZ in relation to the rest of the USA, but not in reference to GMT. Actually that does not just apply to 'American' but to others in diff countries also. They don't use it. They know that CST, is 1 hour behind EST, or CST is 2 hours ahead of PST. They have no concept of GMT to -5 to +5. It comes second nature to most of us here, as we deal with it on an everyday basis.
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
40 of 66
He still has contradictions in his profile from where he changed "we" to "I," yet still referenced the company that is operating as this "sole contractor." Love that oDesk does nothing about the fact that a company is blatantly posing as a sole contractor when it's strictly against ToS. But they don't care - as long as they get their money, right? This site is going down further and further down the toilet.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS