🐈
» Forums » Clients » refund credit and arbitration fee
Page options
8459f93f
Community Member

refund credit and arbitration fee

I have a returned credit for the arbitration fee and a credit for ended contract, each originated with different payment methods.

How do I request a refund for the both credits/funds to their respective originating payment methods?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088
"Note: If your original payments came from multiple billing methods, we’ll automatically apply a single credit to your Upwork account that can be used to cover future invoices. Alternatively, you can contact our customer support to request that we issue split credits to all the original billing methods that you used rather than to your Upwork account balance. Funds billed to one method cannot be refunded to another."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kam, 

I'm coming back here to let you know that the team has confirmed that they will  process the refund, and return it to your billing method. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

I don't know why they do this. Put the money on the card not my client account. 

If you email the mediator, they will put in for someone at their billing department to return it to your card. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kam, 

Let me go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kam, 

I'm coming back here to let you know that the team has confirmed that they will  process the refund, and return it to your billing method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8459f93f
Community Member

ok thanks,
how many days to complete transfer?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kam,

I checked the refund status for you, and can confirm that your refund was successfully initiated on our end. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your billing method. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths