🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: refund for next two weeks.
Page options
0592a3d8
Community Member

refund for next two weeks.

I ended a contract this morning around 7 and at 11 I got charged for the next two weeks.

how do I get a refund?

13 REPLIES 13
0592a3d8
Community Member

I see it’s also a problem to get money credited back to the original bank.

that is what I need. The money back into my bank account and not into my Upwork account.

petra_r
Community Member

Andy S wrote:

I ended a contract this morning around 7 and at 11 I got charged for the next two weeks.

how do I get a refund?

Clients are not charged for any weeks in advance. You were charged for last week.

Every Monday, clients are charged for the hours worked during the previous work-week.

0592a3d8
Community Member

I beg to differ, my bank account was just charged for 154.50.

it was also charged last week for 77.25 for the actual contract and hours worked.

There were 5 hours worked for 15 per hour.

we were square when I ended the contract this morning.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and gladly assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0592a3d8
Community Member

Bojan.

when are they planning on reaching out?

i need the refund back.

Hi Andy,

I`m sorry about the delay with this, our team will resend the ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alright, it's been all day. Is there a phone number I can call and actually talk to someone?

Your customer service is making a great case on why I should never use this service again.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

We really apologise for the oversight. A member of the team will reach out to you now through an email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andy S wrote:

I beg to differ, my bank account was just charged for 154.50.

it was also charged last week for 77.25 for the actual contract and hours worked.

It sounds like you set up a weekly salary in addition to the hours worked when you set up the contract maybe?

But at any rate, what you were charged today was for last week.

What you were charged last week was for the week before.

I'll flag your post so a moderator can get someone from Support to contact you and explain what you were charged.

0592a3d8
Community Member

Thank you.

re: "It sounds like you set up a weekly salary in addition to the hours worked when you set up the contract maybe?"

I wonder if some improvement needs to be made to the client-side interface...

A client - new to Upwork - sent me a contract offer yesterday, and it had a $264 weekly payment as part of the contract.

She had no idea. I had to decline the contract and point out what was wrong with it, so she could send a new contract without the retainer.

It does but I didn't set my contract up with a salary.

It was an hourly contract.

I confirmed that my freelancer also only worked 5 hours for the quoted rate of 15 dollars per.

So far I'm paying triple that due to something I don't understand.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths