🐈
» Forums » Clients » refund for salary
Page options
3b6b6662
Community Member

refund for salary

This is my second post and havent gotten that far as the recommendation you provided did not work as the the Refund Request doesn't exist as you described. 

Please advise on this: I hired a freelancer on hourly basis. For some reason, your system pickes up weekly salary in addition to the hourly rate because we agreed on Hourly rate with max hours per week. now and this is for the second week in the row, he gets two times 160 USD!! Please advise or just stop this weekly salary; it is frustrating!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Driss,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e2541677
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

I created a job with a maximum amount of hours per week. Then we hired on hourly and it is now charging us for both a SALARY and Timesheets. I got a refund on the 1st salary and then deleted the job. It still charged a second weeks salary and the 2nd weeks timesheet. How do I turn this thing off (salary off)  and I need another refund on the second week of salary.

Kim

Hi Kim,

It looks like you have set up a recurring Weekly Payment. Setting a Weekly Payment in the Advanced Options section means you are paying your freelancer an additional amount each week. This payment is on top of standard hourly billing based on your freelancers' Work Diaries.  

If you want to make changes to the contract, you must end the current contract, rehire your freelancer, and set different terms in the Advanced Options. You can learn more about it here. It looks like there has been a refund issued to your account already. You can check it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths