🐈
» Forums » Clients » refund
Page options
9c8abdfd
Community Member

refund

i need refund from  **Edited for Community Guidelines** company and i want to change my previous review i need it all back these people a fraud ive paid $10500 and its been more than a year ive got nothing they are not availible,zero support and totally fake you dont know whome to deal with 

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osman,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had and the inconvenience this had caused you.

I checked your account and I can see that you`re communicating with our Customer Support via live chat. If you need further help from me, or you have additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i need help!! the freelancers still didnt take any action i just wanna know whos gonna save my right here on upwork costumer support didnt reply or solved my problem if ive paid trough upwork  then upwork must get my rights or atleast get the delivery of the work as freelancer promised. ive paid $10500 to develop a website and appdevelopment they were suppose to deliver within 8 months and its been above a year. how long am i suppose to wait maybe another year to get my website sorry i cant wait i need refund and compensation for using my money and for not delivering the work as they promised plus ive raised more than 5 tickets to upwork and i still didnt get the issue solved...

this is probably the worse experiance on upwork ive work with many freelancers but never seen this kinda **Edited for Community Guidelines** freelancer i need my rights 

petra_r
Community Member

Osman K wrote:

i need my rights 

Your rights according to Upwork's terms of service are:

1) Fixed rate contracts: You can dispute up to 30 days after the last milestone was funded or while there are still funds remaining in Escrow.

2) Hourly contracts: you can dispute hours logged last week, or up to a maximum of 30 days ago at Upwork's discretion.

3) If the dispute deadlines above have passed, there is nothing much Upwork can do...  but you may pursue the matter outside of Upwork (take legal action against the freelancer) if this is feasible. (Probably pointless and too expensive if the freelancer is in another country.)

prestonhunter
Community Member

Not referencing any specific situation, but speaking generally:

It is important for clients to understand that when they hire and pay freelancers through the platform, Upwork does not keep the client's money on hand. The money is sent to the freelancer's account.

If the client wants a large refund, then she needs to look seriously at the project manager. That is usually where the main problem lies.

If a client wants a refund, there is a tool for asking the freelancer for a refund:

Request a Refund

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.22.14 AM.png

Preston H wrote:

Not referencing any specific situation, but speaking generally:

If you are not referencing any specific situation then why are you responding and who are you responding to? 

petra_r
Community Member

Osman K wrote:

its been more than a year---

If it is a fixed rate contract: If it's been more than 30 days since you funded the last milestone, you missed the dispute deadline.

The original poster clearly feels distressed by his current situation.

I believe this is another example of a client having inaccurate ideas about about exactly what type of services Upwork provides.

Is the client solely responsible? Does Upwork share any of the blame? This question has been discussed in this thread:

Is Upwork's messaging to clients inadequate? Causing problems?

Even if the person was dishonest from the start, at this point he earned that money fairly. It can only be a scam for one week, maybe two. From then on, you take full responsibility for the result. You funded a project that failed, you don't get a refund for that.

Solution: You divide a large project into milestones (as small as you afford to lose), and check each deliverable.
If you don't have the time/knowledge to supervise progress you hire a consultant/project manager. When the project is really complex, also an expert/analyst.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths