🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: remove freelancer from view
Page options
ef5c169e
Community Member

remove freelancer from view

How do I remove a freelancer from my view.  I ended his involvement from a project 3 months ago.  There is a feature to "hide" him but its only for that session.  Whenever I go to "messages" section of the Upwork site, this contractor (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) appears front and center in my messages, rather than the most recent messages or the ones I currently employee.  How do I remove him from view???

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

You can hide the freelancer from being shown in the room list. To do so, please hover over the freelancer's name in the room list, click on the three dots and you'll see the option to 'Hide' the user from showing up in the messages list. You can always check hidden conversations by going to 'All People & Rooms'. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Dan,

You can hide the freelancer from being shown in the room list. To do so, please hover over the freelancer's name in the room list, click on the three dots and you'll see the option to 'Hide' the user from showing up in the messages list. You can always check hidden conversations by going to 'All People & Rooms'. 

Thank you.

The "hide" function only works for a while. Every time I log back on - back come all the clients who never hired me. And it must be as irritating for clients as well. 

It is messy and unnecessary. We, clients and freelancers alike, should be able to archive these people and not to have them constantly popping back into our message rooms. 

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for reporting this and for sharing your suggestion. I already shared everything with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for reporting this and for sharing your suggestion. I already shared everything with our team.

Thank you.

Aleksandar,

Surely you know that this is a function we have been begging Upwork to implement for years ... to no avail. Nichola probably just shook her head at your reply. The "team" has presumably already been made aware of this issue many times over.

Messages rooms are an overly-bloated mess - simply give us a means to archive ancient jobs, ancient interviews that never went anywhere, ancient clients we may never want to work with again. And give the same function to clients such as the OP. Why is this simple function so hard to implement? Do your devs not know how to do this? What is the reason for not giving everyone the option to work in an organized manner? The "hiding" function is ridiculous ... it just "unhides" itself on a regular basis.

The "hide" function only works for a while. Every time I log back on - back come all the clients who never hired me. And it must be as irritating for clients as well.

Very ittitating! no mater how many times a day I hide the freelancers I no longer employ they are still there!!

Hi Patsy,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths