🐈
» Forums » Clients » request a refund option not available
Page options
a7e9f01d
Community Member

request a refund option not available

I followed the instruction on https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088  and I am trying to "request for refund" on one of my contracts.  I have paused the contract already. But there is no "request a refund" option on that contract.  Is it because it needs to be closed first?  

5 REPLIES 5
a_lipsey
Community Member

Is the contract fixed price or hourly? 

PradeepH

Hello,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to the paused Hourly contract, I see that you are already communicating with the support team here for the same contract. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you

Pradeep 

Upwork
a7e9f01d
Community Member

The contract is hourly.  We have already paused it.  We want to dispute last three weeks of billed hours on this contract.  But the upwork system only allow us to dispute only last week through the platform.  Based on what we read in your policy, we have to request refund for the previous two weeks (as long as it’s within 30 days) and wait for the freelancer to respond then escalate to customer support.  However, we can’t find the “request a refund” option for this contract as it is described on your support page, see link

hence we are looking for help to finding the “request a refund” link for this contract. 

Thank you 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Since there is already an open dispute regarding the same concern, it would be best to continue communicating with the team through your open ticket, as they are more equipped to assist you with your case. I can see that you recently updated the ticket. Please expect the team to get back to you once they have reviewed your case further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Superhealth:

I am on your side and I want to help you. But I just want to be clear about what you're saying.

You hired a freelancer using an hourly contract.

You asked the freelancer to work for you.

That freelancer worked for you, for three weeks.

And now you want to get all of the money back that you have paid to this freelancer?

Is this correct?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths