🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: request a refund, what should i do?
Page options
3012183f
Community Member

request a refund, what should i do?

I had given work to a copy and I paid the established amount and then I added more money to do other jobs. The copy at the fien, however, told me that he can not do the extra job and therefore those $ 40 dollars that I paid more in common agreement I have to ask for a refund.
What should I do?

thanks a lot

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can navigate to the job listing. Look for the "three dots" icon.

Click it to reveal a dropdown menu. Choose the option that allows you to "end contract" or "cancel contract" or "close contract."

When you do this, you will be presented with an opportunity to release all of the escrow money to the freelancer. The freelancer has already told you he is not going to do that work. So what you will do is edit the amount of money. Change it to zero. Then proceed with closing the contract.

This will send a message to the freelancer asking him to verify the refund. He will click a button to verify.

Then the money will be returned to you automatically within 5 business days.

I had paid $ 10 first and then made another $ 40 payment and now in the copy table I have this:

Budget: $50.00
In Escrow: $ 10.00
Milestones Paid: $ 12 a.m.
remaining: $ 50.00

And I wanted to pay her only the first $ 10 because she did a job and when I close the contract she asks me

Pay $ 10.00
Pay another amount
Pay nothing and request refund

What should I choose?to have a refund of the $ 40?

The budget is irrelevent.

If you only funded $10 in escrow... and $10 is how much you want to pay her... Then you simply need to close the contract.

You do not need to request a refund of an additional $40, because you never actually put that $40 into an escrow account.

So if you are seeing an option to "pay $10", then that is what you should choose.

The "Remaining" amount is confusing. It certainly had me confused when I first saw it. It seems to be the originally posted budget minus the amount that has been released to the freelancer so far. Calling this simply "Remaining" is not helpful. The amount may not even be relevant, since the original "budget" can be just the starting point for negotiations, and may have subsequently been completely superseded.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths