🐈
» Forums » Clients » salary payment issue
Page options
Community Member

salary payment issue

I think there should be a warning in place when starting a contract with freelancer. 

i overpaid on salary payments without even knowing there was such an option.

Now I am stuck, and cant continue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Milan,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Member

there should also be a person to resolve those issues, community bot is a joke.

petra_r
Community Member

Milan A wrote:

i overpaid on salary payments without even knowing there was such an option.

Now I am stuck, and cant continue.

You set up that salary option, by clicking on "Advanced Options" and entering an amount.

You need to end the contract and rehire the freelancer, this time not adding a salary.

You can ask the freelancer to refund any overpayment.

Community Member

this does not help unfortunately. i havent got funds to pay for what was charged on salary. therefore I am stuck. 

thanks anyway

Hi Milan,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you

Goran,  I'm in the freelancer side of this issue.  My client didn't realize they were going to be charged automatically either.  They've ended the contract and asked me for a refund.  I haven't been paid for my booked time though and the Upwork reports on billings don't make sense to me. What happens to the service fee in a refund?  Do I end up eating the fee or is it cancelled?

Salaries are new to me.  Is there a page describing how this payment form works for freelancers?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi June,

Regardless of the type of transaction (hourly payment, fixed-price, recurring weekly payment, bonus, etc.,) when it's refunded, the service fee for it is refunded as well. You can find more information about refunds here and about recurring weekly payments here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jyhsiao
Community Member

Bojan, Thanks for the links. The weekly billing page explains how the client is billed.  How does the freelancer get paid?  Because of the weekly limit they placed, I have only been paid a fraction of the amount I'm owed. Please review the contract, 24096004 and message me about the payment schedule.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi June, 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing cycle. 

If you logged your time last week using the Upwork Desktop App (20-26 April), making sure that you provided appropriate memos on your logged time, your client will be automatically billed this week (27 April-1 May) and has up to Friday (1-May) to review the hours you logged last week. If your client doesn't dispute any of the hours you logged, the payment for the hours logged will go to a 5-day security period starting Friday of this week (23-Aug). If there are no issues, the payment will be processed and will be available to your account on Wednesday next week, 6-May. 

I checked your account, and on this page, you will see that your client was charged this week for the hours you logged during 04/13/2020-04/19/2020. You will also see on the same page that your client was charged the weekly payment. If you check your reports page, you will see that you have an available balance. With this, you should be able to send a refund to your client. However, you may want to wait for the client's payments to be paid to your account before you issue a refund, whichever is most convenient for you. Here is more information about giving refunds to clients.

Let me know if you have any questions!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,  

Both of my ongoing contracts are charged with weekly salary payments on top of the regular hourly payments. Each week I need to ask both freelancers to refund the salary payments.  Fortunately, both freelancers are willing to do the refunds.  However, I need this automatic salary payment issues to be fixed asap so we don't need to request for refunds on weekly basis.  

Hi Farah,

In order to remove the weekly salary you will need to close your current contracts and hire your freelancers on a new ones. 
Once this is done you will be charged only for the time worked, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths