🐈
» Forums » Clients » same set of freelancers on search ?? upwork a...
Page options
b34b375e
Community Member

same set of freelancers on search ?? upwork alogrithrm issue?

i am looking for freelancer specifically for graphic and banner designing work but since last 5-6 days i am getting same set of freelancers at top on repated search...and few of them are not from the required field as well..

now is this some issue with alogirthrm rotation?

Tanika

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanika,

I checked this for you, on your profile everything is working as designed. I did get different search results when I used ''Banner Designer'' in the search field. 

You can use some of the available filters to get more specific results that suit your project(screenshot below).

Or you can check results for ''Banner Designer'' in our Hiring Headquarters. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see more links for other freelancers skill-groups, and also some of more specific Banner Designers groups. I hope this helped. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

11.png

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mtngigi
Community Member

@Tanika T wrote:

i am looking for freelancer specifically for graphic and banner designing work but since last 5-6 days i am getting same set of freelancers at top on repated search...and few of them are not from the required field as well..

now is this some issue with alogirthrm rotation?

Tanika

Upwork has stated that freelance profiles are rotated (by what schedule or algorithm I couldn't say) on a regular basis so that everyone has a fair chance of their profile being viewed. I hope what you're experiencing is a glitch and not the norm. I've flagged your post so hopefully a mod will be along to help you out.

b34b375e
Community Member

yeah thats what i am wondering i am getting same set of freelancers in starting search pages 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanika, 

Could you please share the keywords that you used when you tried to search for freelancers? If you could also send me screen grabs of your search results through a private message, I will go ahead and look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b34b375e
Community Member

hi avery

okay sure i am sending pvt message to you

Tanika

b34b375e
Community Member

hi avery

havent heard from you about this issue?? still same freelancers are showing up if i search for keyword banner designer??

its almost 10 days and i am seeing same freelancers in search results?? and most of them are not even banner designers...how do i look for competent banner designers i seriously cant go on searching 50 pages...

Tanika **Edited for Community Guidelines**

mtngigi
Community Member

Tanika T wrote:

hi avery

havent heard from you about this issue?? still same freelancers are showing up if i search for keyword banner designer??

its almost 10 days and i am seeing same freelancers in search results?? and most of them are not even banner designers...how do i look for competent banner designers i seriously cant go on searching 50 pages...

Tanika Thakral

Tanika,

I don't know what you're using for search terms, but try "graphic designer" and see if anything different comes up.  Some clients don't realize that most graphic designers offer a wide range of skills, including designing banners, both for print and web, as well as email banners, trade show banners, etc. The term "banner" covers a lot of ground. In other words, you don't need someone who only does banners. Hope this helps.

And I do hope a mod comes along to help you out.

petra_r
Community Member

I have a feeling I recognize the writing style of this client.

It is remarkably similar to a banner designer who posts about how unfair the rotation algorithm is frequently.

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

I have a feeling I recognize the writing style of this client.

It is remarkably similar to a banner designer who posts about how unfair the rotation algorithm is frequently.

I hope that's not the case ... geez.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanika,

I checked this for you, on your profile everything is working as designed. I did get different search results when I used ''Banner Designer'' in the search field. 

You can use some of the available filters to get more specific results that suit your project(screenshot below).

Or you can check results for ''Banner Designer'' in our Hiring Headquarters. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see more links for other freelancers skill-groups, and also some of more specific Banner Designers groups. I hope this helped. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

11.png

~ Bojan
Upwork
b34b375e
Community Member

hi bojan

yes this hiring headquater link was helpful and i will try to clear my cache  as well & search again.

Tanika

Latest Articles
Learning Paths