🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: scammer!
Page options
b4f5d7cc
Community Member

scammer!

can please tell me anyone, how can i get in conctact with the live support on upwork?!

I want to report a scamer!

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can report what happened right here in the Forum. Right here in this thread.

You may also use a Customer Support ticket.

Or you may use the "Flag as Inappropriate" button/link available in the top right corner of the page on which you saw a job posting, or on a freelancer's profile page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamber, 

Have you tried following Preston's recommendation of flagging the job post? You can also send me a private message with more information about this case, and I will look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi. I got in touch with a client **edited for Community Guidelines** a month ago. He told me to contact 'his assistance' via email for interview, I did so but there was no interview as I was given articles immediately and I wrote them for almost two weeks. Each time i asked for payment, there was always an excuse. I realized it was a scam a week ago.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this client. I can confirm that you do not have a contract with this client, and this doesn't qualify for Upwork Payment Protection. As a minimum requirement, users will need to have a contract on Upwork, and the client's payment method should be verified to qualify for payment protection. 

We always recommend freelancers never to start working on a project unless the client sent an offer, the offer was accepted by the freelancer, the job is showing as an active contract on the freelancer's My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

I want to report a scammer as well, I'd rather not go into the details on the public forum, is there someone who can reach out to me?

re: "I want to report a scammer as well, I'd rather not go into the details on the public forum, is there someone who can reach out to me?"

No, Vivian, that is not how this works.

Click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right corner of the job posting or freelancer profile page.

Hi Vivian,

As Preston noted, you can use the flag option found on each job post or message to report a violation. 

I already sent you a private message here in the Community so kindly follow up on the message so that I can send your report to our team for investigation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Jan:

You worked for free.

As an inexperienced freelancer on Upwork, you made a lot of mistakes.

But that is okay!

The important thing for you to do is to learn from your mistakes and move on.

In the future, I know that you will not work without a contract.

In addition to the lessons that you learned from this experience, I have other good news for you:

Because you were not paid for the work that you did, all of the work belongs to you. (Not the client.)

So you may post the articles you wrote in your portfolio, or sell them, or do whatever you want with them.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths