Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching for freelancers who have a disability

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 24

Rene K wrote:

Nearly half of freelancers (46%) agreed freelancing gives them the flexibility they need because they’re unable to work for a traditional employer due to personal circumstances.

Freelancing in America 2019 

Granted personal circumstances can be more than disability.

Exactly. Not being able (or allowed) to drive, living remotely or wanting to live somewhere with few employment opportunities, having to care for family members, not having access to affordable childcare etc etc. Having a disability would be one of many such "personal circumstances."

That said, it is pretty logical that freelancing from home might be seen as an attractive option to many people with a disability.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
22 of 24

Innumerable studies have concluded that productivity, and incidentally, creativity, increases when working from home (remotely). The same has proven true for flex hours and the 4-day work-week. In all cases, sick days, etc. diminish at an astounding rate.

Its a win-win for everyone.  Less overhead for companies; improved work-life balance for all directly and indirectly impacted.

However - there is a humongous difference in the needs parameters between those with disabilities and those without.  Please - do not blindly quote stats as dictum unless you think it through.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
23 of 24

Hi Keoke, 

This is truly inspiring! I'll try to check around to see if there's anyone in the team who can assist you with this. I'll come back here if I have more information!

-Avery
Untitled
Keoke K Member Since: Nov 29, 2019
24 of 24

Thanks Avery. Much appreciated. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS