cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartphone app for a music course buffering videos and dev can't fix it

Eilis C Member Since: Jul 22, 2016
1 of 3

Hello, 

I have a situation where an app was developed for me and has a issue with videos buffering (they work fine on website) and the developer cannot fix the issue. They are also 4 weeks behind schedule.

Is there a way to be able to pay them some money for what they have built and get someone else subcontracted to fix the issue and deliver my product? 

Unfortunately, they have already been paid most of the money so I may never get a refund or anything.

At this point I just want it done.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Éilís Crean

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

The original developers have done what they can do.

It is time for you to hire somebody else, somebody with experience dealing with this kind of issue.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 3

It's hard in this market not working with a dev team where you can get help from your neighbor when you're stuck. 

If the job is otherwise great, I would consider letting them finish and then taking the video bug out of their hands and getting someone to help fix it. The dev should really do this but there is a question of whether it's against the rules, so I could see them hesitate on doing something like that.

Maybe get on Skype with the dev and figure out how you both can get someone else to work with the video issue. If you aren't technical, I would consider contracting the dev to help you find someone or have them find a third-party to get involved.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS