🐈
» Forums » Clients » terms of service
Page options
c70935f9
Community Member

terms of service

I recently had to reinstate/update a job posting, which is set to invite only, so that it would not expire.

I made no changes except to save it again to reset the clock.

Hours later I got a system email message that said the job posing violated terms of service and was deleted.
There were no specifics about what terms were violated, and now that the post has been deleted, I can't review it to understand why. And I don't see a way to inquire (tech support) about the details.

It's very odd since the job wasn't a problem when it first went up. And I believe I had reposted at least one other time.

Is there a way to review the ad and/or anyone to ask Upwork about details?

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your report, and I'm sorry to learn about the removal of your job post. I can see that the team has provided more information about the violation of the post, which is why it's been removed. Also, please know that we support many different job categories, but there are some jobs we don't allow. You can read more about that here

As mentioned in the email sent by the team, feel free to respond if you have questions or clarifications about the removal of your job post, and they'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c70935f9
Community Member

Thanks for your reply, Arjay. However,  I have NOT received any follow-up from the "team" to
the original email which includes "more information" you refer to, including an explanation for the removal.

Please tell me where this information is found that you are referring to.

You seem to be implying that there was a problem with job type/category "photographer and photo editor". However, there are several photography categories listed on Upwork and the job was not rejected the first time it was posted.

Can you provide specific details? I'd like to post an updated job but I need to understand the specifics. Maybe you can send me a copy of the job description I posted with specific edits.

Hi Sam,

You should be able to access the support ticket on which the team contacted you by clicking here. Like Arjay mentioned, feel free to reply to them if you need clarification regarding the removal.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c70935f9
Community Member

Thanks for your reply, Luigi. However, the link you provided takes me to a site ...zendesk... and requires a login ID and password. For starters, I have never seen this site before, and it did not accept my normal Upwork ID and password. With the wrong info entered, the page simply goes blank and does not offer any options to change the password (forgot password) or register.

You're implying that the "team " has reached out to me, but it's clear from these system problems that I have never received any information.

What next?

Sam, the team did reach out to you, but it seems you've been having trouble locating the support ticket where they did. You may try accessing the link above using a different browser and see if that helps. Alternatively, you can also find it in the inbox of the email associated with your account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c70935f9
Community Member

I did try a new browser and I was finally able to get to the ticket with the details.

BTW, there are no messages in my Upwork Inbox. Only the emails I received to my Yahoo email that is tied to my Upwork account. If it wasn't for those emails I would not have even known you were reaching out.

None of the support notices show up/flow to the main site. You all (not you personally) really make this harder than it needs to be by having three different websites and no way for communications to flow between them. I didn't even know there was more than one website until today. Frustrating.

Anyway, the problem is solved I have the info I need, you may close the ticket.

Lastly, the fact that I needed to change browsers was problematic, especially when the main site and community site were working fine.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths