🐈
» Forums » Clients » trying to hire a freelancer and keep getting ...
Page options
3c47367c
Community Member

trying to hire a freelancer and keep getting error!

I have a deadline and I can't get any help!

The 'get help' bubble disappears the minute I try to click it.  Crazy annoyed.

Keep trying to hire a freelancer and I keep getting an error when I click 'hire'.

"City may only include letters, digits, space, dash and apostrophe. Should include at least one letter."

what the hell is that?!?!?!?  I keep trying to find a field I may have missed...nothing!

HELLLPPPP!

6 REPLIES 6
abuqumair
Community Member

what`s your job post title? 

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Julie,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Or tried hiring your freelancer using a different browser? If you still can't hire freelancers, please follow up on this thread. Thank you!

Untitled
3c47367c
Community Member

Thanks to all - 

I was able to find that in my company background / profile there was information missing.  I had to definitely hunt around to figure out the issue...but I got it!

39c97e4e
Community Member

I had the same problem, solved it like this: Went to my account and billing info and changed my city from Niš to Nis. I guess non-english characters aren't supported on upwork, but they wait you to hire to tell you that

bbd01f12
Community Member

hello , i have updated almost my company profile except the VAT ID and still getting "Wrong company context" , any advise ?

Hi Slash,

Thank you for your message.  I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.      

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths