cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to authorize credit card

d0ea91e4
Zain A Member Since: Oct 11, 2021
11 of 26
I've hired a freelancer on Upwork and want to place my first order but I'm getting error like
Sorry we're unable to authorise this credit card please check the card information or try another card. Question?contact us
(I'm using my visa debit card)
egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
12 of 26

Hi Zain,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola

Untitled
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
13 of 26

Hi Nicholas,

Please go to this Link, at the bottom click on the green button Get Help from Upwork. After you fill up the suggested fields in the new pop up you will be asked if you want to chat/submit via ticket/phone or ask on community. You can chose the best option for yourself.

~ Goran
Upwork
eastham-nicholas
Nicholas E Member Since: May 28, 2017
14 of 26

I tried that route a few times, but the option chat / phone / email does not appear. These are the only options:

• Discuss with Upwork Communit
  • Read Tips on Upwork Hiring Headquarter

So, it's kind of difficult to get in touch with Upwork.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
15 of 26

Hi Nicholas, 

That should not be the case, can you send a screenshot from your end. On my end i have the 4 options that i mentioned below. It might be an error we had a while back, i will have one of our team members have a closer look on this.

If you want to open a ticket now send me the details in a PM and I will open it for you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bbf5b1e5495dab9c
Matt M Member Since: Apr 28, 2021
16 of 26

I had a PayPal payment process and then tried the very same PayPal and it won't process, I've tried cards that have plenty of limit and none are currently working. If this keeps happening I will go to payoneer, this is beyond frustrating. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 26

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
michael_design1
Michael U Member Since: Aug 15, 2019
18 of 26
IAM also having the same problem how can it be resolved?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
19 of 26

Hi Michael,

I checked, and it looks like the payment method has been declined. Please reach out to your issuing bank so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
the_matrix5
The M Member Since: Apr 2, 2021
20 of 26

Hi'

I got " The payment method you submitted could not be authorized etc.. "but the money withdrawn . So is the money gonna back automarically to my account ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS