🐈
» Forums » Clients » unable to authorize credit card
Page options
eastham-nicholas
Community Member

unable to authorize credit card

in the past months we have made multiple Upwork payments with our credit card. As of yesterday we get the following message:

Sorry, we are unable to authorize this credit card. Please check the card information or try another card. Questions? Contact us.

All card details are unchanged and still correct. Also the card is still valid (not expired).

We want to continue using this company credit card and don't want to change it.

What can we do? 

48 REPLIES 48

Hi there,

Thanks for providing information about the account. We have to remove the email address from the public post, but rest assured we were able to locate the account.
We checked and unfortunately it looks like the transaction is being rejected. Could you please try using a different payment method to complete the transaction?

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

thanks for your response

but the money didn't back to my account ? is it take time to back ?

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to provide more information and assistance. You should receive an email notification about a support request being filed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, I’ve tried buy a service using Upwork, the payment was taken from my card but then reverted and on Upwork it says “sorry, we couldn’t charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact support.” I’ve tried PayPal and card both don’t work. They both give the same issue. I’ve spoken to my bank thinkings it’s their problem but they’ve told me it’s a problem in your end as their releasing the money but your not accepting it. Please sort this out immediately

Hi

I do from another email , How can I send you the email to check ? becuase it is says illegal to send the email here " Community Guidelines " !!

mikematseo
Community Member

Hello, I receive the following message when trying to hire a freelancer:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 17.10.50.png

Can you please help me out?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties hiring a Freelancer. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3f97a8f0
Community Member

I need help with my billing method. I have an active card with sufficient balance to pay for my transactions but it always says "Charge Failed". I was supposed to hire someone. How can I fix this? i have try my more then 10 cc my friend and family etc this issue so far before one month please solve it asap because when asked the clint upwork agent canvert ticket payment depart and payment depart cant slve it all the time said bank issue bank said upwork issue i pay also this all cc via fiverr another plateforms etc and then after that our account gets suspend it has a bad effect on upwork  and clints is looking for another plateforms please the ceo of upwork should be seen this issue becasue upwork team makes a joke please solve it asap thanks not only me but also alot of other clint said have same complaints 

94ea4414
Community Member

Hey I'm having this same issue as Paul D, and I've already submitted a ticket but haven't gotten any updates. Can you help me please? I really need to hire a freelancer asap and this is delaying things 😞

Latest Articles
Learning Paths