cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unable to pay through visa card

Muhammad A Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
1 of 22

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" This message appears when i try to pay through my debit card. whats the issue? and how can i fix it.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 22

re: "This message appears when i try to pay through my debit card. whats the issue? and how can i fix it."

Sorry about that. But you can't use your debit card.

Upwork needs you to use a regular credit car that isn't a debit card.

When you try to use your debit card, the Upwork system is automatically checking to see if it is a debit card, and it is rejecting it.

Muhammad A Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
3 of 22

But in payment options there is no such condition of "Proper credit card". Please further elaborate it.

Furthermore i have visa debit card

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hieu T Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
4 of 22

Only credit card.

Hieu T

Vietnamese translator
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 22

Some debit cards may work. Most won't. Regardless of what that form says, Upwork's documentation elsewhere states that some types of cards can't be used.

Read:

Billing Methods

"Upwork accepts Visa, Mastercard, and American Express cards. Virtual card numbers, gift cards, and Prepaid cards are not accepted."

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 22

Hi Muhammad, 

I would like to confirm that virtual card numbers, gift cards, and prepaid cards are not accepted on the platform. Please check out this help article to know which methods are available on the platform.

-Avery
Untitled
Zaheer A Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
7 of 22

I have master card but i am facing same error.?

Plug and play WordPress developer.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 22

Hi Zaheer,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to set up your payment method. For more details about payment methods available on Upwork and how to set up a new payment method, check out our this guide, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Musawir H Member Since: Dec 29, 2018
9 of 22

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" This message appears when i try to pay through my visa Debit card. whats the issue? and how can i fix it.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 22

Hi Musawir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS