Did you mean: 

unable to pay through visa card

Waheed H Member Since: Aug 11, 2018
11 of 22

hy

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
12 of 22

In India only some debit cards can be used on international websites moreover it needs to be enabled for international use before it can be used on international website.

I do not know about your location, but in case you think this is a possibility in your case ask your bank to issue an international debit card and enable it for use and then try.

Vishal J Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
13 of 22

Hello Vivek sir,

which debit card ( bank name ) is best in India for an international transaction like on upwork or any other platform, and which credit card ( bank name ) is better.

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
14 of 22

Vishal J wrote:

Hello Vivek sir,

which debit card ( bank name ) is best in India for an international transaction like on upwork or any other platform, and which credit card ( bank name ) is better.

Hi Vishal, Sorry for late Reply. 

HDFC/ICICI both provides debit and credit card for international use. This is not to suggest that other banks do not have such debit cards.

You should contact banks and ask them for  'international debit card/credit card' and they will surely provide you information about available options.

Compare them and take the one that best suits your needs.

Good Luck

Ace Contributor
Malik S Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
15 of 22

Same here today I am trying to upgrade my account and facing this error 

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Please check because I have no other option to as a billing method.

Paypal is not offering its service in Pakistan due to some issue.

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
16 of 22

Hi Malik,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to set up your payment method. I would like to confirm that virtual card numbers, gift cards, and prepaid cards are not accepted on the platform. For more details about payment methods available on Upwork and how to set up a new payment method, check out our this guide.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Fazal a Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
17 of 22

Hi 

i have same problem even i am using credit card and my card is working on other sites and i also confirm from my bank about international gateway is on please help 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
18 of 22

Thank you for reaching out to us, Fazal.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Shahnewaz A Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
19 of 22

Looks like so many people have the same problem but still no solution. I have provided information of a credit card with which so many purchases were made from other sites but here it doesn't work. I can't purchase any connect now.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 22

Hi Shahnewaz,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS