🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: unable to verify billing method
Page options
ebf05bae
Community Member

unable to verify billing method

The directions on billing verification were very unclear, and the automated help almost worthless. I finally figured out what I am supposed to do in order to verify billing, but I can't because I entered the wrong amounts too many times, and now the option no longer populates when I click on the "verify now" link. The help information says that the upwork team has to verify billing with me.

So for those of you that aren't clear, when you register your credit card, upwork makes two charges (that will be reimbursed after verification). You input those charges in the verification window. If you input the wrong informaiton in there 3 times or more, you'll be locked out until upwork staff can (hopefully) help you out.

23 REPLIES 23
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in anyway. Please know that when you add your credit card, Upwork may need to verify your credit card with two small chargees that equal $10. You may read more about it here

I will share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you directly with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
42eac9e6
Community Member

Hey Avery, I have this same problem.  Who should I contact so that I can re-do this step?  It was unclear that I had to put in two amounts equal to $10.00 for verification and I'm locked out as well.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
42eac9e6
Community Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.
73e08f58
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issues, I am unable to verify my credit card billing method, I've been locked out please I really need help.
prikum
Community Member

I am in the similar situation. I have been locked out too. I have tried putting 5/5 and 4/6 different combination of $10 amount that Upwork directions say that I need to input but I keep getting the same message - 

The amounts you have entered are incorrect. Please check the amounts and try again.

Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Priyanka,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
022302db
Community Member

I have the same problem. I inputted some combination of $10, but it showed ``The amounts you have entered are incorrect. Please check the amounts and try again.``. Please assist me.

Hi Eiji,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When are you going to reach out me via ticket? I can' t use your service without solving billing problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eiji,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c60cbaa1
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I just set my Upwork account yesterday and can't see anything on the payment page to verify my credit card. I can see the amounts cut from my credit card but can't seem to verify it anywhere. Can you please help me I need to get this job started ASAP

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sid.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9f318aa0
Community Member

Hi I also have this problem, it wasn't clear

Hi Daniel,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
73e08f58
Community Member

Hi, Avery
I have the same issues on my account, I imputed the charges wrongly and I was locked out, please I really need help

Hi Nancy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b1028d53
Community Member

I followed your instructions and the freelancer is unable to see my account verified on her end. Please help.

Hi Jamie,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue for me:

Hi Benjamin,

One of our agents has reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4a367f62
Community Member

I'm also receiving the error "The amounts you have entered are incorrect. Please check the amounts and try again." What are the amounts I am supposed to enter? Now I am also receiving the error "You have exceeded the maximum attempts to verify, contact support to complete the verification."

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to learn about the issues you've experienced. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths