🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: unable to verify the tax ID number?
Page options
papedan
Community Member

unable to verify the tax ID number?

Received email, which says "We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. "
But Tax number is correct. What do I do? I'm in Canada

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pavlo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your tax ID number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pavlo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your tax ID number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the exact same problem. I live in India and keep getting a message that: We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. It is 100% correct but still getting the error message. Please help.

Hi Ramdas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dfba7994
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I live in Canada and keep getting a message that: We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. It is 100% correct but still getting the error message. Please help as I'm about to be paid for my first job and don't want to pay the additonal money! 

Hi Jane,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
amanpreet57
Community Member

Hi! I am also getting same email stating -unable to verify your Tax Id number. Please help me resolve this asap.I am from India.

Hi Amanpreet,

Thank you for your message. I see that the Legal Tax payer name does not match your registered name on Upwork. Could you please try adding your Tax ID again using a name that matches your name on PAN card and Upwork account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
exhale-marketing
Community Member

I am having the same problem, Correct Incorporated Company GST numbers rejected by upwork system and no abilty to make any changes.

Upwork is charing us a whopping 20% tax for reasons unknown and unexplained.

Hi Alessandra,

As a freelancer, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client. Because we want to give you the flexibility to change contract types as you work together, we count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project.

Here’s how it works:

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

You get more information about service fees in this help article.

Regarding your GST number not being verified, one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket with updates and assistance. Feel free to check here or your email to check on that ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
18c994dc
Community Member

I have the same issue from Canada. How do I fix?

Hi Jon,

It looks like the Legal Tax payer name does not match your registered name on Upwork. Could you please try adding your Tax ID again using a name that matches your name on PAN card and Upwork account?

~Andrea
Upwork
abbymiz
Community Member

Hi,

I'm a Canadian client and have been trying to verify my GST number, but despite countless attempts,  GST/HST Number could not be verified. Please remove and re-add your number to update.

Would appreciate someone from upwork support to figure this out. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abeer, 

Before I share your concern with the team, please double-check your GST/HST number by visiting this website. If you have the correct GST/HST number, please return here so our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
abbymiz
Community Member

Hi,

Yes, I have checked, my GST/HST number is correct and registered on official CRA website, please update it in my account.  

Hi Abeer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
abbymiz
Community Member

thanks!

79bd2133
Community Member

I submitted mine sir

e94f57ab
Community Member

Hi,

Can someone help me with this issue? I am Canadian and I kept getting this error: 'unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted' error. I tried many times.

I am self-incorporated and my tax id is legit, I have checked many times. 

Thanks!

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5a62482
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I am facing similar issue. Could you kindly help me out of this?

Thanks!

Shakeeb

Hi Shakeeb,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
c5a62482
Community Member

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem of GST number being rejected. I will appreciate if one of the mods kindly help me out.

Thanks!

50408dde
Community Member

I'm facing this same issue here in Canada - "We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted."

It's especially surprising that this seems to be a known issue for a while now. 

Hi Chintan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting your TIN verified. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in resolving that.

~ Arjay
Upwork
37a416c9
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I live in Canada and keep getting a message that: We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. It is 100% correct but still getting the error message. Please help 

Hi Qiong,

I've converted this post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting your TIN verified. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in resolving that.

~ Arjay
Upwork
37a416c9
Community Member

Hi  Arjay, this issue has been resolved in a separate ticket. Thank you for help

papedan
Community Member

Still an ongoing problem. Today received email:

We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. Please double-check your tax ID number(s), and then re-submit by clicking here.

Common reasons for a declined tax ID number(s) include:
• Country mismatch
• Name mismatch
• Expired tax ID number(s)
Until your tax ID number(s) is verified, we will collect taxes on applicable fees. For more details, please see our FAQs.
Regards,
The Upwork Team

When I'm clicking on the link, it shows everything in green and says "Completed" and "Successfully Verified"

Why this is still an issue and what must be done to resolve it?

Hi Pavlo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths