Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

unfinished work, paid in full

Highlighted
Active Member
Daniel C Member Since: Sep 27, 2013
1 of 4
This is becoming a nightmare. I hired a developer to do some work for me back in September. He has been paid in full plus extra. A couple of weeks ago he asked me to end the contract and I refused so he ended it himself. I still do not have a finished product. What recourse do I have? I have talked to odesk and though apologetic they seem un willing to escalate this...
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mahmudul H Member Since: Jul 9, 2012
2 of 4
Hi, in this casem you should contract your freelancer and discuss about it then tell him you will provide him low start review if he dont come back and finish the task. i hope he will come back otherwise give him a review.
TOP RATED - WordPress Designer and Developer
Highlighted
Active Member
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
3 of 4
Uh, why would you pay in full before receiving your product? Pay 25% if anything upfront and the other 75% after source is delivered.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
4 of 4
Is to never pay the full 100% upfront. Being in business, and also having to work to keep that operating myself, I do charge 65% upfront as a contractor. When I do hire others, I often pay them a 30 to 40% upfront fee (because I understand the fear of not getting paid for work) but never pay 100% upfront. Unless, that contractor is proven responsible and provides some guarantee on money back.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS