🐈
» Forums » Clients » uploading files / someone copying
Page options
63174e9e
Community Member

uploading files / someone copying

When hiring a freelancer,

I am just curious.  If I am uploading a file that is purchased software, what is to keep someone from copying it? 

Is it an honor system, etc.?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "When hiring a freelancer, I am just curious.  If I am uploading a file that is purchased software, what is to keep someone from copying it? Is it an honor system, etc.?"

What do you mean?

Your question does not make any sense to me, so maybe I misunderstand what you are referring to.

If you exchange files with a freelancer, nobody has access to those files except you and the freelancer.

The only place where you can possibly present files that "anybody" can download would be in a job posting. It is possible to link to files or include attached files in a job posting. Although of course you would not link to purchased software in a job posting.

well, yes actually i did do just that.  Included in posting before i thought about it.  

While it is no big deal this time ---script is actually old and missing something--needs little work.

Thanks for the answer to keep it for later between freelancer and client.  One of my DUH moments.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths