🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: use paypal as Billing method
Page options
4a0661a7
Community Member

use paypal as Billing method

Hello , i want to use my Business PayPal account as a billing methode with upwork , my Business PayPal account is active and i don't have any issues with it , of course linked with my master card .

But when i tried to use it with my upwork account is sends me to login process ( which is normal ) then it asks me to add a  debit or credit card to complete my purchase , although as i said it's already linked with my mastercard .

here's what i get : 

upwork.png

Please can someone explain me this situation .

Regards.

10 REPLIES 10
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Zavon,

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks , but why adding an alternative payment method as long as i already have a fully functional / operational one .

Really strange

Is this matter related to upwork or paypal ?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zavon, 

This is a requirement as part of our agreement with Paypal. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Good morning.

I am having exactly the same problem. This doesn't make any sense. I only have PayPal and Payoneer,  and I am unable to pay freelancers Upwork.

I understand that you need to ensure the money for hourly jobs, but this doesn't make sense for fixed-price jobs because you receive the money before the job starts and keep it before the work is done.

Is there any alternative or solution?

Hi Saul,

To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c3f45bf7
Community Member

I have been using my PayPal Credit account since I have contracted Upwork developers.  Suddenly, I cannot use my credit account anymore?  PayPal  Credit is selected as my preferred method of payment on PayPal, yet when I try to fund a project on Upwork, my credit card is charged, not my credit account.  Why?

Hi Ken,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already chatted with our team regarding your account. Have you reached out to Paypal regarding the accounts you have set up for payments? 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, and that was their answer. I need to open an account in USA, or find an International Credit Card. There is no other way. I have traveled to Europe, and now I am finding out how to get a credit card here. What I say is that Upwork should accept Verified PayPal at least for fixed price jobs. At this point I cannot hire or even post a job in Upwork.

I am from Venezuela. PayPal only allows us to add Bank Accounts from US or International Credit Cards. We cannot have any of those Bojan that simply.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths