Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: website problems

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
11 of 19

okay Paul,

backend means admin panel .......without seeing codes its difficult to telling you whats the main problem.

Highlighted
Paul S Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
12 of 19

FTP Details

Community Guru
13 of 19

wordpress login username and password and also ftp details

14 of 19

Sorry i can't supply wordpress details

**edited for Community Guidelines** the website builder has wordpress details & that's the problem

Like if you buy a new car and take it back to the dealers (expecting them to fix the problem under warranty ) but they'll only give you the keys if you pay

Community Guru
15 of 19

Its alright . I understand all your problem...Right now I am really sorry to I am unable to help you without details.

Thank you and best of luck...

In future if you are in trouble please feel free to knock me. i will try my best.

thank youSmiley Happy

16 of 19

Thanks

In future do i request the wordpres login details prior to the website being complete

Community Guru
17 of 19

Okay

you are most welcome

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
18 of 19

Paul, there are certainly more qualified people than me on this forum that could address your issue, but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for why you wouldn't have WordPress access to your own website. If you own the hosting account, which I hope you do and if you don't, you need to fix ASAP, you can get into your WP account from there and lock out whatever incompetent person is working on it.

I would suggest you hire a WordPress consultant for 1 hour and let them walk you through all of the best practices and processes because from your post it seems as if you don't have any knowledge on the topic to be in a position to effectively manage the website creation and maintenance process. If you browse through this forum, you can also get a ton of great advice for free.

Your website images don't show up because the account they were hosted on seems to have expired. 

Your two next steps are:

1. educate yourself on the topic of websites so nobody can take you for a ride

2. gain access to your account through your host, if your dev is hosting your site, you're at their mercy because you waited way too long for any kind of dispute or issue resolution and might have to rebuild the site on your own host (worst-case scenario).

Good luck.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
19 of 19

Paul, did you contact oDesk Customer Support like Valeria suggested? If the freelancers who did your site still work at oDesk, the *least* they can do is give you the WordPress login. Krisztina is absoluteily right--it's your website, so you should have the login. I've worked on too many WordPress sites to count, but almost always I have to ask the client for the login, so you having to ask the freelancer is completely backwards.

An another opton is resetting the password by using phpmyadmin, which should be available from your webhosting cpanel, and this WordPress.org artticle (https://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password) gives instructions, but note this warning:  use phpMyAdmin at your own risk. If you doubt your ability to use it, seek further advice. WordPress is not responsible for loss of data. 

Any legit WordPress developer should be able to reset the password for you for a very small fee, but I can't blame you if you don't trust oDesk freelancers at this point,