e29ef614

website

Good afternoon

Around 6 to 8 months ago i had a website built by someone from Upwork

Now my hosting company has pulled my website **Edited for Community Guidelines** from the net because of plugin causing issues.

The website developer didn't advise my about Captcha for my contact page on the website and apparently spam has been sent out. i don't know because i haven't receceived it

i did advise the website developer that i wanted a safe , secure & fully functional website & warranty for his work

so where do i stand

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r

@Paul S wrote:

so where do i stand

Have you contacted the original developer? Either way, you'll have to either fix it yourself, or hire someone to fix it.

e29ef614

Ive just found the name of the website developer **Edited for Community Guidelines**    one of many listed

when i posted my job back them. the person had rave reviews and a great portfolio 

so the real **Edited for Community Guidelines** who built   **Edited for Community Guidelines**  can you contact me

@Paul S wrote:

Ive just found the name of the website developer  ********    one of many listed

when i posted my job back them. the person had rave reviews and a great portfolio

so the real ******** ****** who built  the site  can you contact me

Why don't you contact the freelancer via the contract you had with them on Upwork?

Go to Freelancers - then Past Hires - then Send Message

past hires.jpg

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I've checked and see this job was not done through Upwork. I see you posted a similar post two years ago and I'll ask our team to follow up with you directly regarding the freelancer you mentioned.

Untitled

Paul:

It is normal for websites to need some form of CAPTCHA system or similar techniques for preventing spambots from automatically using data submission forms to send spam to sites or post spam onto websites.

I am not available for hire through the Forum, so I'm not available to work on this project, but I'm actually one of the top high-security CAPTCHA system developers on Upwork. I have been hired by other Upwork clients in the past to do exactly what you need. So I know that it is possible to do this, and I know that it is possible to hire people through Upwork to do this.

It is possble to install existing CAPTCHA systems. Some of these are good. Some of these are mostly useless. It is also possible to work with a high-end, high-security developer such as myself to create a custom system which nobody else has source code for and which can not be hacked or bypassed by any spambot.

The key point here is that the work you need done doesn't have anything to do with the original developer who created your website. The work you need done is out of scope of the original project specifications. Certainly the original developer does not owe you anything at this point, nor does Upwork.

You absolutely do not need that original developer in order to fix your problems. This is a new project that you will hire somebody to do, to be performed on your current website.

@Preston H wrote:

The key point here is that the work you need done doesn't have anything to do with the original developer who created your website. The work you need done is out of scope of the original project specifications. Certainly the original developer does not owe you anything at this point, nor does Upwork.

Considering he found the freelancer on Upwork but paid him or her outside Upwork, Upwork sure as hell does not owe him anything other than an account suspension......

In addition to what Preston wrote, CAPTCHA prevents incoming spam, not outgoing, and based on what the client wrote, "The website developer didn't advise my about Captcha for my contact page on the website and apparently spam has been sent out", CAPTCHA wouldn't address the actual issue. It's rather more likely the site has malware if it's sending out spam.

Well explained, Preston.  Your info is something we all can learn from.