🐈
» Forums » Clients » what Edited product manager decided to put a ...
Page options
hybridcapital
Community Member

what Edited product manager decided to put a limit on the # of invites per job?

You clearly don't know ANYTHING about your platform.

Invite 10

5 reply (if you're lucky)

2 are qualified

Maybe 1 actually does good work. 
You CAN'T get any project properly manned with just 6 invites.

Well guess what. I just went OUTSIDE Of your platform and now I am going direct to agencies with my own research. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Seriously. NO IDEA what it means to build a product that is about empowering the community of users. 

4 REPLIES 4
1007fcb6
Community Member

I have to agree with this.

I have noticed there a spammers and people physhing that used to send 50 invites but 6 is not enough.

robin_hyman
Community Member

I too agree you need more than 6 invites.  Maybe 10 is sufficient.  But, if you're getting at least 1 qualified candidate that can do the work, isn't that the goal?  How many freelancers do you need?

Since freelancers can apply directly to posted jobs (assuming it's not invite-only), how many submissions are you receiving?  Do you count those?  

There are an abundance of qualified, talented freelancers on this platform (raising hand).  If you aren't receiving qualified submissions, consider re-writing the job post.  I see way too many posts with not enough information, 6 connects for short-term projects that are $100 or less, and I move on.  

Don't give up hope on UW yet.  

I don't know of any freelancers who are happy about this move to limit invites to three.

I think we all hope this increases. But we are not in charge. This may be Upwork's business decision, and that is it.

Setting all that aside, for most hiring purposes, posting a public job without using any invites is a very effective way to find excellent feeelancers.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I'm sorry about the frustration the invite limit has caused you. We see that with limited invitations, clients are much more deliberate about whom they invite, resulting in more targeted, relevant invitations that are more likely to be accepted. With this higher acceptance rate, we expect the number of invites clients need to find the right freelancer will be smaller. That said, we’ve heard from clients and freelancers about the three-invite limit on Upwork Basic and understand the concerns. As a result, we are already planning to allow all clients who post high-value jobs (based on budget and length of a project) to invite six freelancers to submit a proposal. 

To be able to send 15 invites per job post, you can upgrade to our Client Plus plan. To receive unlimited invites, you can upgrade your job post to a Featured Job for a one-time fee of $29.99.

We've noted the feedback you've shared here and on your support ticket and we'll share it with our team for further consideration.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths